Snap Ring Pliers

/ Snap Ring Pliers #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
I need to rebuild a couple of cylinders. Years ago I used a snap ring tool that locked which made things much easier. Anyone have recommendations for a good, locking snap ring tool?

/ Snap Ring Pliers #2  
The Proto one are awesome but must have a gold or platinum core. :greedy:

/ Snap Ring Pliers
The Proto one are awesome but must have a gold or platinum core. :greedy:

Whoa, you're not kidding! Good thing they aren't painted JD green as well!!!

Anything a bit more economical for the weekend warrior?

/ Snap Ring Pliers #4  
Whatever you do don't waste your money on any made by chanel lock or anything "reversable." POS and probably to small anyway.
I tried a set of Tekton which are ok. But IMO if you need lager pliers, you need well made pliers. Otherwise you'll hate life. Sucks because you'll rarely use them and they are the most expensive.
Maybe borrow? Maybe autozone?

/ Snap Ring Pliers #5  
Oh, full disclosure, I am definitely not an expert. This has just been my limited experience.

/ Snap Ring Pliers #6  
I have a pair of these that are pretty well made.

Craftsman.com

/ Snap Ring Pliers #7  
I need to rebuild a couple of cylinders. Years ago I used a snap ring tool that locked which made things much easier. Anyone have recommendations for a good, locking snap ring tool?
I had to rebuild my FEL cylinders (2" bore) and I purchased a pair of Channellocks. They worked just fine for me though I don't do this everyday. Made in the USA, in fact right down the road from me.

Maybe lukestafford had a bad pair?

/ Snap Ring Pliers #8  
Two in a row. But absolutely could've been a fluke.

/ Snap Ring Pliers #9  
Two in a row. But absolutely could've been a fluke.
Sounds like mine may have been the fluke, but my hometown pride hopes your's were the fluke ones. :thumbsup: YMMV

/ Snap Ring Pliers #10  
For the snap ring holding the wrist pins in place, I think we just used needle nosed pliers.

Ralph