Caterpillar Diverter Valve

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve #1  

bindian

Tractor
Mahindra 6520 4WD
I bought a E70 Caterpillar excavator. I'm in the planning stages of putting a hyd. thumb on it. But I'm having a long search for a valve. I need at least 17.2 gpm with 4,000 psi and 24 volts. I gather there are coils I can add to use a 12 volt valve and convert it to 24 volts. Any help locating a valve will be much appreciated.

I made my own diverter valve installaion on my tractor for my grapple and hyd. auger. Here is the link to it. http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/229883-hydraulic-auger-mount-5.html at post #45. I'm planning on doing the hyd. thumb installation the same way. Just need a more robust valve. I also have a horn switch on the left stick I'll use for the diverter switch. Please let me know if you know of a valve that will work.
hugs, Brandi

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve #3  
Bailey has one that has 2 separate ratings. 14GPM at 3045psi. But the unit is rated as high as 5000psi and that would probably get you your 17.2 GPM at the 4000 psi. But then you have to fool around with the coil.

Trausch has a 24GPM valve and 24 volt is available, but is only rated at 3625psi. That's not to say that it can't go higher? Just what it's rated at.

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve #5  
Brandi,
I looked for a similar setup as you for my LB330 excavator, in the end I would have spent on individual parts almost as much as a kit from the guys at the link below and their kit will be spec'ed to fit your application. Just a thought.

Kit Types - HKX

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve #6  
If you can't find a 24v valve you can use a 12v valve and put a resistor in series with it. If you don't know electronics someone here can help with the ohm and watts values.

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve
Bailey has one that has 2 separate ratings. 14GPM at 3045psi. But the unit is rated as high as 5000psi and that would probably get you your 17.2 GPM at the 4000 psi. But then you have to fool around with the coil.

Trausch has a 24GPM valve and 24 volt is available, but is only rated at 3625psi. That's not to say that it can't go higher? Just what it's rated at.

Thanks Brian! I emailed Trausch and Bailey's. I had a Bailey's catalog, but guess it was outdated and I tossed it.
hugs, Brandi

Brandi,
I looked for a similar setup as you for my LB330 excavator, in the end I would have spent on individual parts almost as much as a kit from the guys at the link below and their kit will be spec'ed to fit your application. Just a thought.

Kit Types - HKX

KubotaToy,
I wrote them weeks ago asking and they said they have no kit for my Cat and do not sell individual parts.
hugs, Brandi

/ Caterpillar Diverter Valve #10  
KubotaToy,
I wrote them weeks ago asking and they said they have no kit for my Cat and do not sell individual parts.
hugs, Brandi

Well, darn it, their kit fit my excavator like a glove. Another group I contacted, 403 Forbidden but I bet you contacted them also. I think they sold individual parts.