Hydraulic pump

/ Hydraulic pump #1  

Lea

Silver Member
Tractor
john Deere model M kabota 2320 TLB
I have this hydraulic pump that I don't know much about that I want to use on my homemade firewood processor,
This is what I do know
24" long
Two 1.75 Inlet and outlets
One one inch inlet and outlet
One .75 inch inlet and outlet
There is no tags on pump the only numbers I could find were TA1686and 0259 on opposite sides of the pump hat were stamped in
What type of pump is this and can it be run CW or CCW
Any info would surely help
Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    970.2 KB · Views: 133
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    713.5 KB · Views: 111
   / Hydraulic pump #2  
That is a multi sectional hyd pump.

The cu in capacity is probably different for each section.

Based on the size of the ports, it probably will pump lots of GPM.

Problem is, can your engine or motor drive this pump to full capacity.

For instance, to pump 20 GPM at 3000 psi requires about 38.9 HP

If you need 20 GPM and can turn the pump at 3600 rpm, then you need a volume of 12.83 cu in.

/ Hydraulic pump #3  
Slight mis calculation JJ

A 12.83 cu in pump spinning at 3600rpm would be 200gpm :eek: minus efficiency loss and would require about 400hp :eek:

To get 20 GPM @ 3600RPM would be 1.283 cu in. I think you had the decimal in the wrong place.

I am guessing though, with 1.75" ports, that pump is 70+gpm. Typically dont see 1.75" ports on anything much smaller. But the question is at what rated RPM?

Also, most of those high flow pumps with large hoses dont operate at much over 2000PSI unless absolutely needed. Cause in 1-1/2 and 2" hoses sizes, there is a big price jump to go higher PSI hose.

So assuming its at the lower end of what most pumps are with 1-3/4" ports at 70 GPM, and a lower 2000psi setup, you will need about 100 HP to run that. And thats only 1 section and you still need to know the RPM and direction of rotation. And it could be much more GPM and higher pressure too.

What was that pump off of?

/ Hydraulic pump #4  
You are so right.

I did not refresh the page for the correct answer.

/ Hydraulic pump #5  
Some of the older ones I've worked on, the end section would fit on any section so you could take the four sections down to one....Mike

/ Hydraulic pump
I think most pumps runCCW but not sure, is there some way to find out without hooking everything up and trial and error? I started a thread on build it yourself of my processor might be interesting to some of you
Lea

/ Hydraulic pump #7  
Are both ports the same size on the different sections? If yes it could possibly be a bi-rotational pump but on a multi-section that is rare. You will need to determine which port of this unit is common to the shaft seal cavity. That would be the inlet of the pump.

Remember, on gear pumps the oil flows around the outside of gears so with the drive shaft facing you and in the top most position turning it clockwise would make the ports on left inlet while turning it counter clockwise would make the ports on the right inlet.

/ Hydraulic pump
I have another question, would it be better to run a pump with chains and sprockets or belts and pulleys?

/ Hydraulic pump
Oldnslo
Yes inlet and outlets are same size

/ Hydraulic pump #10  
Belt and pulleys