Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls

/ Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls #1  

AllenArmory

Silver Member
Tractor
TYM T554HST Cab
I'm buying a new tractor (TYM T354HST) and the dealer will add a third function remote for me to power a grapple. I assume the hydraulics part is fairly standard, but the loader joystick that's replaced seems to vary in quality and ergonomics. Do any of you have any recommendations on what to use and what to avoid? Pictures would be most helpful.

Thanks!

/ Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls #2  
I am fairly sure that your tractor comes with a TYM control grip already on the joystick, switch should be in it, just needs to be wired into the valve. Look at the far right hand picture and you can see a button in the grip.

/ Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls
I am fairly sure that your tractor comes with a TYM control grip already on the joystick, switch should be in it, just needs to be wired into the valve. Look at the far right hand picture and you can see a button in the grip.

The joystick has one button on it already, but I don't think it's for the 3rd function hydraulic. My understanding is that that the 3rd function kit includes a new joystick that has the open/close buttons (for grapple functions). I'm asking for pros/cons on the various 3rd function controls.

If I'm asking the wrong questions, I apologize, since I'm very new at this and don't even own a tractor yet. Please educate me if I'm using the wrong terminology or my understanding is not correct.

/ Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls #4  
The joystick has one button on it already, but I don't think it's for the 3rd function hydraulic. My understanding is that that the 3rd function kit includes a new joystick that has the open/close buttons (for grapple functions). I'm asking for pros/cons on the various 3rd function controls.

If I'm asking the wrong questions, I apologize, since I'm very new at this and don't even own a tractor yet. Please educate me if I'm using the wrong terminology or my understanding is not correct.

You are right if there is only a single button, then the factory grip could only be used for a diverter type 3rd function, not for a true 3rd function. A true 3rd function requires 2 switches, so either a rocker type switch or 2 separate buttons. I can provide either in the grip shown for about $200. A complete kit runs $750.

Attachments

• S-Series%201%20Button%20Black.jpg
    S-Series%201%20Button%20Black.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 714
You are right if there is only a single button, then the factory grip could only be used for a diverter type 3rd function, not for a true 3rd function. A true 3rd function requires 2 switches, so either a rocker type switch or 2 separate buttons. I can provide either in the grip shown for about $200. A complete kit runs $750.

Can you post a picture of the rocker type switch?

/ Third function remotes: requesting pics of controls #7  
Can you post a picture of the rocker type switch?

All the rocker is, is a cover glued over the 2 separate switches. I recommend going with the 2 buttons with this style of grip.

Attachments

• IMG_2021.JPG
    IMG_2021.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 1,296
  • Glue%20on%20rocker%20on%20S.JPG
    Glue%20on%20rocker%20on%20S.JPG
    200.8 KB · Views: 1,339
All the rocker is, is a cover glued over the 2 separate switches. I recommend going with the 2 buttons with this style of grip.

Who makes these grips? Are you a vendor?