3 spool hydraulic valve with indent?

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #1  

Everhard

Gold Member
Tractor
Kioti Ck2510
Does anyone know if there's such a valve? 3 spool, spring return to center, and indent at full application that will hold each valve open until manually pulled out of the indent?

Thanks, E.

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #3  
Are you trying to operate a cyl or hyd motor.

A three gang solenoid valve will operate three motors and keep them running as long as the voltage is applied to the solenoid. No voltage, the valves returns to neutral, and motors stop or coast..

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #4  
Does anyone know if there's such a valve? 3 spool, spring return to center, and indent at full application that will hold each valve open until manually pulled out of the indent?

What you want is a detented valve, and you will likely have to build a stack valve, as BUKITCASE suggests. I have
done so with the Prince stack valves before, and they work well. You will want Option I, dual detent section, in the
SurplusCenter menu, if you go that route.

Since you want detented valves, I assume you will be operating hyd motors, not hyd cylinders. The Prince I-section
valve will also open both work ports to Tank when not activated, which is usually what you want with motors.

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent?
So here's my reason for asking:

Tractor - ck20s with factor single rear remote, no more available.

Original plan - from rear remote feed to solenoid operated valve which just like 3rd function for loader allows for 2 sets of remotes. Simply cascading that concept would allow for an additional set of remotes.

New thought and hence this thread - Consider how a backhoe hydraulics attach - connect to rear remotes on tractor, set rear remote valve open (tractor valve has detent so it stays open.) and now the backhoe is "live". So building on that concept I started thinking well why not have a similar spool valve mounted on the rear of the tractor fed by the tractor's rear remotes just like the backhoe. In that case leaving the rear remote open will not dead head the system and will give as many remotes as come with the spool valve. (I'm thinking 3 is plenty for my needs.) For typical circumstances leaving it at that would be sufficient. Anything hooked up could then be controlled via the corresponding valve control on the spool.
The reason I ask for an indent to hold any/all the valves in the open position is if for example I hook the backhoe up to one of those valves. It requires the valve to be held open for it to operate.

so that's it in a nutshell. By using a spool valve it simplifies a lot of the "plumbing", there's no need for solenoids/electrical connections/switches which also simplifies things and makes a cleaner setup.

I suppose if no such spool valve exists (I'm guessing not) then as an alternative I could have a manual valve between the rear remotes and the spool valve that would have 2 output options - one feeds to the spool valve and the second feeds to a set of quick connects. So when hooking up something like the backhoe I'd manually throw the valve to feed to the quick connects.

Hopefully what I've described above makes sense?

E.

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #6  
There are detent valves, just no spring return to center detent valves that I can find. :( So the valve would work about the same as your current factory valve. Make a mount for your ROPS and a place for your couplers and you will be all set.

1- spring return to center with the float function
1- spring return to center
1- detent valve

You'll be all set. :thumbsup:

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent?
Thanks MtnViewRanch, I was afraid I was hoping for a bit too much. No worries I'll get it set up. it's probably a project for this fall/winter. Currently working on a grapple for the loader. I'll be making a mount that connects directly to the tractor. I can't really use the ROPS as I raise and lower it all the time. (Can't cut under trees with it up! Rest of the time it up position.)

E.

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #8  
Would you need to use the remotes when the ROPS was folded down? If not, no reason to not mount to the ROPS and just have the feeder lines a bit longer to allow for the additional movement.

Good luck with however you do this project.:cool:

/ 3 spool hydraulic valve with indent? #9  
Would you need to use the remotes when the ROPS was folded down? If not, no reason to not mount to the ROPS and just have the feeder lines a bit longer to allow for the additional movement.

Good luck with however you do this project.:cool: