Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #11  
Is a stack valve a bad thing? I dont really know much about that. I do know... that the new o-ring did not work and does leak now. Ha

Yep, stack valve.. each spool 'section' (valve) is separate and can be separated and moved around in the stack. So if you can find one, you can replace just that valve.

Like this from Prince:

201613_2000x2000.jpg

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe
Ok... I think I read that wrong. I took it as 'I should just look at replacing more THAN the valve'. Gotcha now, on the same train track now. :) Thanks!!

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #13  
Case didn't make the valve. You could check with a good hydraulic shop to see if they have ever had something similar successfully repaired. I'm not sure if it is cast iron or cast steel. If it's cast steel should be able to be repaired and machined to size. Cast iron maybe but would be a more difficult procedure.

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #14  
I see Case shows a valve available for just $1203.00.

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #16  
Sorry I couldn't help it.

Yeah - that price hurts. Thats 1/2 the price I paid for the whole 580c. Im going to try the epoxy route next... then step by step.

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #18  
Take it to a good hydraulic shop. Find out the maker of the valve. You may be able to get a good section used somewhere. From what I can see it looks to be a Gresen valve bank. Probably a 40 or 42. At least that is what I usually find on the older Case stuff when it comes in for reseal. The bad pat is Parker owns them and the replacement sections are 1k+ if that is what you have. The only thing you have going for you is the seals are on the low pressure return side where you broke the cast out. Fit a small shim in there, the o-ring will hold it out and the outer seal should keep it secure. Be nice to see a bigger pic. CJ

I took it to 2 machine shops, and the answer would probably cost me more than finding a new one. I found a used one thru schaffer enterprizes in MI for $300. The valve is supposed to come to me complete, but Ill probably replace all the 0-rings anyway. Should I replace the 'innerds' with the one I have? ( pressure reliefs, etc) - or give it a whirl as is?

Pic is of the broke onedipper valve x.jpg

/ Hydraulic Spool mistake...... Case 580C Backhoe #20  
Take a look and see what's in better shape. You've got it apart anyway.