MAHINDRA 5500 TRACTOR 2WD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS

/ MAHINDRA 5500 TRACTOR 2WD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS #1  

luklaus

Tractor
mahindra 5500 2wd
THE TRACTOR SUDDENLY LOST STEERING TO THE LEFT. YOU CAN TURN RIGHT BUT NOT LEFT. THE STEERING WHEEL WILL GO ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND.
THE OTHER HYD. THINGS LIKE THE LOADER AND THE BRUSH HOG LIFTER ARE WORKING PERFECTLY. I INSTALLED A NEW FILTER AND TOPPED OFF THE RESERVOIR.
THESE THINGS DID "NOTHING" FOR MY TROUBLES. I NOTICED A HYD LEAK AT THE STEERING BOX. REMOVED AND REPLACED BOX...INSTALLED NEW "O" RINGS. I NOTICED THE STEERING RACK
OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT ON A TRACTOR.....LEAKING A BIT ON LEFT SIDE. removed THE RACK AND REPLACED ALL SEALS AND REINSTALLED IT. NOW THERE MUST BE A SPECIAL PROCEDURE
FOR BLEEDING OUT THE AIR. CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO PROPERLY BLEED THIS SYSTEM .I BELIEVE AIR IN THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM WOULD BE CHAOS. ALTHOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE TAKEN APART A TRACTOR RACK......THERE IS NO MECH CONNECTION TO STEERING WHEEL.

/ MAHINDRA 5500 TRACTOR 2WD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS #2  
THE TRACTOR SUDDENLY LOST STEERING TO THE LEFT. YOU CAN TURN RIGHT BUT NOT LEFT. THE STEERING WHEEL WILL GO ROUND AND ROUND AND ROUND.
THE OTHER HYD. THINGS LIKE THE LOADER AND THE BRUSH HOG LIFTER ARE WORKING PERFECTLY. I INSTALLED A NEW FILTER AND TOPPED OFF THE RESERVOIR.
THESE THINGS DID "NOTHING" FOR MY TROUBLES. I NOTICED A HYD LEAK AT THE STEERING BOX. REMOVED AND REPLACED BOX...INSTALLED NEW "O" RINGS. I NOTICED THE STEERING RACK
OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT ON A TRACTOR.....LEAKING A BIT ON LEFT SIDE. removed THE RACK AND REPLACED ALL SEALS AND REINSTALLED IT. NOW THERE MUST BE A SPECIAL PROCEDURE
FOR BLEEDING OUT THE AIR. CAN ANYONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE NECESSARY INFORMATION TO PROPERLY BLEED THIS SYSTEM .I BELIEVE AIR IN THIS TYPE OF SYSTEM WOULD BE CHAOS. ALTHOUGH THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I'VE TAKEN APART A TRACTOR RACK......THERE IS NO MECH CONNECTION TO STEERING WHEEL.

Steering hydraulics are separate from the rest, pump and everything. It sounds as if there may be a problem with your orbital valve. That's the valve that's connected to your steering wheel which proportionally directs flow to the steering cylinder for left and right.

/ MAHINDRA 5500 TRACTOR 2WD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS #3  
Steering hydraulics are separate from the rest, pump and everything. It sounds as if there may be a problem with your orbital valve. That's the valve that's connected to your steering wheel which proportionally directs flow to the steering cylinder for left and right.
HI: dickfoster: I have Mahindra 4500 2wd, this pass summer My Mahindra was leaking fluid under the steering wheel, after a long research, I found it was also my HSU, had a busted seal on top of the HSU, pushing fluid up under the steering wheel. I am a do-it-yourself person, So I fought with removing the HSU myself, and it was a job because of the tight space Mahindra mounted it on this tractor. After removing the HSU, I took it to a HYDRAULIC shop for repair, the job must have done so many, they knew what was wrong with it as soon as they saw it. I got the HSU back from the shop, remounted it on my tractor, refilled the power steering box. double checked and double checked for leaks. I drove it around the yard and the front tires would not make a sharp turn right or left, but will make wide turns. More research interacted I may have air in my power steering line. Research stated as I did, jacked up my tractor front two tires, pour more fluid in the power steering box. started up the tractor, took off the power steering fluid box cab, and turned the steering wheel left and right for more than 30 mins. Done the same steps for two days. Later put the tractor back down on all four wheels, drove around in the yard, and again the tractor will not make sharp turns right of left, but will make wide turns. Did I not bleed the power steering lines right??? Did I leave out some other steps needed to do after replacing the HSU??? Did I not align something in the steering wheel drive rod that mounts on top of the HSU, that is not letting me make sharp turns. The wheels turn when I moving with a wide turn, to turn shaper I would have to turn the steering wheel round and round twice, because after a certain turn degree the wheels appear not to be turning at all. Can someone give me advice, as where else to look for, that maybe causing this issue?????

/ MAHINDRA 5500 TRACTOR 2WD POWER STEERING PROBLEMS #4  
HI DICKFOSTER: I have a Mahindra 4500 2wd,, I have now replaced my HSU(orbital valve) twice, because after having the HSU repaired from a leak, and after I reinstall it back on my tractor, I rechecked/rechecked and there were no leaks after install, after running and cutting with it. But I later notice that my Mahindra steering wheel began to be tougher to turn, and a little nock/hit when turning the steering wheel, and later the turning wheel turn around and around and the front wheels is barely turning or not turning at all. Also I seeing that the power steering reservoir is very hot, and I can here a boiling. again this is what my Mahindra was doing when I removed my first HSU, and sent it to the shop, and here again after getting a brand new HSU, and after reinstalling, rechecking leaks, and there is no leaks because the power steering reservoir is full. Again I am having steering issues, not turning at all and steering wheel turning around and around. Can you please inform me what my problem is???? Why is the power steering fluid reservoir is very, very hot. Could it be a power steering pump on this model, ,if so where is the power steering pump?? It is not the HSU..I read over the web that power steering fluid after getting too hot will cause steering problems...Ant advice will be helpful...….