Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #1  

dogbrdr1

Tractor
2003 Mahindra 2310
I have a Koyker 165 front end loader. Apparently the MFG got the cylinder size wrong as a 2" bore is not big enough. First time I tried a high lift pull the cylinder bent in half...both of them. So I am wondering what is the biggest cylinders I can put on this loader and where can I find some at a reasonable price?

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #2  
pictures?? WOW sounds like something is definitely wrong, not sure what size a 165 should have, never had any trouble with my K2 Koyker.

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #3  
I would be looking more at the anchor point then looking for bigger cyls.

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader
pictures?? WOW sounds like something is definitely wrong, not sure what size a 165 should have, never had any trouble with my K2 Koyker.

I am pretty sure its a 2" bore and 24" draw. They look awful small for such a big loader. Can't believe they bent like that.

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #5  
By high lift pull I am assuming you are referring to bucket edge down and back dragging??

If not - can you help explain what action caused the rods? to bend- not sure I have seen a bent cylinder. pics would really help

Also here is a link to the 165 manual on Koykers site:http://www.koykermfg.com/images/koyker-manuals/683648 (165).pdf

Looks like the 165 was standard with 2 inch cylinders and a 1 3/4 set was optional

100_4074.JPG 100_4075.JPG

What I meant was I had extended the bucket high in the air attempting to remove a small post and the tractor rolled forward a couple feet and this is what happened next.....never seen anything like it.

/ Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #7  
HOLY COW... when you said bent, I didn't envision that much rod damage.

If the hydraulic control valves were centered (off) then there really is no relief mechanism in the cylinders hydraulic circuit.

When the tractor rolled it must have been to much pressure with the cylinders fully extended, Kind of surprised a hose didn't burst that was attached to one of the cylinders first...

That is a good lesson for me- to to be very careful to not let the tractor ever roll when the lift cylinders are extended with an apparently immovable object.

Hope the link at least helps with specs. - Maybe if the cylinders are ok you can just order two new rods and seal kits and install them??

Last edited:
   / Hydraul Cylinders on Koyker 165 Loader #8  
The mounting point look good. If the relief pressure is set right I would say you couldn't lift the weight to be able to do that. Bend you sure was right there.

Last edited:
I plan to replace them with bigger cylinders. I looked at some tractor dealers today and even the little 25 HP tractors had bigger cylinders then these. Koyker really went cheap with this one. I have a manual here but I did save the link for quick reference....Thank you.

If anyone know of a larger size (largest I can put on and reasonable) I would be interested in purchasing a pair. I got to get some measurements on these to be sure or look in the manual for correct length.

Should have tied the chain shorter but who would expect that???