need help modify a hydraulic unit

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit #1  

sundown57

Tractor
bobcat
ok here is the story. I bought an old bobcat skidsteer 610. it has been repowered and some one removed all the hydraulics . so in an effort to get it going i bought a Concentric pump unit. i know it is designed to work as power left and right, power up and float down. Any one know if it can be modified so i can use it to lift the arms up and down under power and curl the bucket both ways under power ?

Attachments

• Concentric pump.jpg
    Concentric pump.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 97
   / need help modify a hydraulic unit #2  
That is a nice power unit but is not what I would use to replace skid steer hydraulics, woefully undersized. I would take this back for a refund.

Buying an old skidsteer with all the hydraulics removed is another huge mistake =pig in a poke in my opinion.

Is there any way you can get the hydraulic parts and pieces that were removed?

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit
thank you much for all the advise . but didn't really answer my question a all .

That is a nice power unit but is not what I would use to replace skid steer hydraulics, woefully undersized. I would take this back for a refund.

Buying an old skidsteer with all the hydraulics removed is another huge mistake =pig in a poke in my opinion.

Is there any way you can get the hydraulic parts and pieces that were removed?

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit #4  
You will need to buy the proper valves with float for double acting cylinders and feed it with your new pump. That would be four position spool with lower, center, raise and float for the boom. A three position valve with out float would work for the bucket.

It will take a couple of minutes to raise the boom. After a few cycles you will need to stop and recharge the battery for 4 hours or more.

Like the commercial on tv says, this is a stupid plan. If you want to fix the machine you need to regroup and use an engine driven pump and suitable hydraulics. I would price everything first before buying anything so you know the costs and what is involved. Good luck with this.

thats strange because i have been using it this way for about a year. I have even done jobs with it and it works great. arms move up and down faster then they ever did with the old set up. never had a battery problem with it before. Just used it about 8 hours yesterday replacing and grading a lawn. glad to find out now it won't work. thanks for your help

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit #6  
Well go ahead with it then and good luck with it. Not into having a BS discussion here with anyone and won't waste my time with a liar either. You are not fooling anyone here.

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit #7  
So essentially you are trying to run a skid steer loader off of a battery powered hydraulic pump setup and the battery powered hydraulic pump works faster than the original engine powered setup.

So you had "the old setup" and installed your own new and improved setup instead. Interesting setup. Can't say I've ever seen anyone try that. I'm amazed at the results but I guess that's why you never know until you try.

Last edited:
i don't much like being called a liar either . i never said i had a battery problem. i never asked if any one though this was a good idea or not . i asked . is there a way to get power down on the curl . thats all. here is proof my machine works just fine and i use it regularly . this is a picture of the set up. i also just made a video it in action. working on figuring out how to upload it now .

Well go ahead with it then and good luck with it. Not into having a BS discussion here with anyone and won't waste my time with a liar either. You are not fooling anyone here.

Attachments

• IMG_2253.jpg
    IMG_2253.jpg
    968.6 KB · Views: 104
sorry it took so long to upload a video i had to go make it then learn to zip it.

/ need help modify a hydraulic unit #10  
sorry it took so long to upload a video i had to go make it then learn to zip it.
Sorry you've experienced some less than helpful advice...I can't help with your query but the best way to present a video here is to upload it to youtube and then link to it or imbed it...

Good Luck...