Filter Frustration

/ Filter Frustration
Thanks for the insight. That E-Bay filter shows a length of 9 or so inches. Mine are eleven something.

In this case, the (Donaldson) filters were half the price, but I think I will try and get OEM filters from now on.

My first car (that I bought, not the 72 Olds hand me down) was a 77 Plymouth Fury, ex detective car. 360 (unfortunately 2BBL) with bucket seats. I used to see how fast I could take curving on and off ramps, so I wasn't impressed when a dealership installed run of the mill replacement shocks or the tranny rebuilder didn't put any hint of a shift-kit in the rebuild, It also wasn't easy getting replacement BF Goodrich Pursuit radials.

/ Filter Frustration
Well, now a twist. I thought I was done with crossed filters.

I had a leaking hydraulic filter on my R510B loader. So I thought I could make a quick (hour drive there and back) trip to my Kubota dealer. NOTHING but confusion about the filter number.

The shop manual specifically states it's a 10 micron filter. In fact they only refer to it as a 10 micron filter. Well the dealer could not tell me what the micron rating was of the filter they sold me. Days later, and the parts guy is still trying to get that answer out of Kubota but says it's doubtful, they will reveal that information!.

If Kubota wants to be that stupid and proprietary about their filters, then I might as well go to Donaldson who tells me what the specs are on their filters AND they are MUCH cheaper! I can buy several for the same price and have them on hand for convenience.