Gresen Hydraulics valve

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve #1  

amron

Hi all
I hope that you will be able to offer some help. came to my possession an old control valve that I would like to use. I've found that there is a "Gresen Hydraulics" logo on it. I've also found what I guess is the model of it stamped on the body of the valve but all my attempts to find some info/data regarding it on the web were in vain. if you can offer any infi regarding it - I will highly appreciate.
Thanks.

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve #2  
Posting a photo here of the valve would help... I'm not sure if you are restricted to do so, I see this is your first post... (to cut down on spam, you have to make four more posts before you can post links and not sure if that includes photo links).

Is it a single valve? or multiple spools? (second post)

Do you know what it came out of? (3rd) This might help determine if it's open or closed center.

What do you plan to use it for? (4th) More information to see if it will work for what you want...

Now see if you can post the photo :) 5th

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve
Hi teg and thanx for the reply and advice.
It is a single valve.

I would like to use it to control the movement of an hydraulic cylinder forward and back.

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve #5  
amron
You need to determine if valve is open or closed center by blowing compressed air in the "in port" with spools in neutral position and determine if air comes out of "out port" or if air is blocked off.

Tx Jim
I'll do just that and I'll post the result.

IMG_20150122_003357.jpgIMG_20150122_003416.jpg
I've attached 2 pics that I took of the valve. hope that it helps.

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve #8  
The brand was common in early Bobcats. I have 3 spools (possibly 4) in an old Bobcat 610 I am rebuilding. I have read on the skidsteer forum that the brand no longer exists but I think you've already guessed that. The seals are stock size from any hydraulics dealer.

Thanx for the response.
As per Tx Jim's advice - I've connected compressed air to the inlet port (marked "P") and to the best of my knowledge it is a closed center valve since there was no outflow of air (when I've moved the operating lever, air came out of ports "A" and "B" accordingly). so, I'm afraid that it's not suitable for the purpose that I want to use it, which is to make a power unit that will drive a cylinder of a press.
since I've seen that some valves have the option to work on both modes, by placing or replacing a plug, could you tell me if it's possible on this valve as well?
btw. what is the reason to work on a closed center mode?

/ Gresen Hydraulics valve #10  
Some hyd valves are convertible from closed center to open center & vice-verse. Can you remove plug outlined in blue and post a photo of plug & it's components? When JD announced tractors in 1960 utilizing closed-center hyd's their representatives talked about the "fuel savings" of closed center pumps not having to pump oil when not required.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    917.5 KB · Views: 162