Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple?

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #1  

thendrix

Tractor
allis chalmers ca
I want to build a small, 4 bale grapple and use it with a Kubota L4310. The Kubota doesn't have a remote so can I put the counterweight on the 3 point, raise it up, then take the coupler loose from the valve to the cylinders and use that circuit to operate the grapple?

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #2  
Can you post pictures of these couplers and 3pt hitch? All the rockshafts I have ever seen did not have quick couplers. Since you have position control how would you work around this?

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #3  
Search under my user name on how to run remotes to the front. I posted a complete thread on how I did it with detailed pictures. I bought my 4 bale hay grapple from these folks Kuhns Mfg LLC | Innovation in small square bale handling. . I got the 205 model under their specialty equipment. Hopefully you have rear remotes as you will need at least one set. Brian (a member here) with Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com can help with a kit to make this work for you.

Hope this helps

PS with the small grapple you may not need a counter weight if you have filled tires.

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #4  
Not really as most 3 pt hitches only requires pressure up/gravity down AKA one-way hyd's. All grapples I've seen require 2 way hyd's pressure up & pressure down.

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #5  
I want to build a small, 4 bale grapple and use it with a Kubota L4310. The Kubota doesn't have a remote so can I put the counterweight on the 3 point, raise it up, then take the coupler loose from the valve to the cylinders and use that circuit to operate the grapple?

I don't think the 3pt hydraulic circuit is going to do it for you.

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple?
Ok. I'll look into adding a remote or a loader to the big tractor

/ Can I use my 3 point circuit to run a hay grapple? #7  
Even with the loader you will need aux out back. To operate the hay grapple you will need the lift and curl of the loader, and the aux to run the grapple. Now some have not used the aux but gone with another system like a power beyond valve or something. I am sure those with more knowledge that me will help. Having said that now that I have two set of aux ports out back, I wonder what I ever did without them. Sometimes I wish I had a third set.
Again Brian can help you figure things out.