Newbie needs advice for a rear-remote for a Yanmar FX42.

/ Newbie needs advice for a rear-remote for a Yanmar FX42. #1  

cnienburg

Tractor
Yanmar FX42
I'm a tractor and hydraulics novice and need help. I have a Yanmar FX42 that I need to add a rear remote to in order to connect this log splitter:

logsplittersdirect.com/Images/Boss-Industrial-3PT16T21-Log-Splitter/i50736.html

I contacted Prince Manufacturing, who recommended the following valve, but suggested I verify it's applicability with someone more familiar with my tractor.

northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200311693_200311693?isSearch=20112

Is this an appropriate valve? Anyone have better recommendations?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

/ Newbie needs advice for a rear-remote for a Yanmar FX42. #2  
cnienburg,

I'm no expert but just had a hydraulic issue with my ractor and learned a little going thru the process.

The specs on your log splitter say the mas PSI is 3200. I believe that would be the max it would handle, not necessarily what you need. But you might have to have the valve set a little higher but make sure you check to see what the pump on your tractor can handle. I don't know any reason why that valve wouldn't work for you.

Good luck with your project,
Randy

/ Newbie needs advice for a rear-remote for a Yanmar FX42. #3  
Cheapest fix is to use one of your front remotes. Just plug it in and toggle the joystick. No need to even take the loader off.

/ Newbie needs advice for a rear-remote for a Yanmar FX42.
Cheapest fix is to use one of your front remotes. Just plug it in and toggle the joystick. No need to even take the loader off.

Sorry for my ignorance, but how would that work? Plug it in where? If I toggle the joystick it moves the FEL. What am I missing?? Here's my FEL controller:
FEL-1.jpgFEL-3.jpg