Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #1  

GraysonFarmer

Tractor
Kubota M9540
I have a Kubota M9540 tractor with a set a rear remote hydraulics. I currently don't use the rear hydraulics. I just purchased a snow plow for the front loader and need to get hydraulics ran to it to angle the blade. Is it better to run from the rear to the front or how? I'm new to this.

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #2  
That would be the easiest and cheapest option. Another would be to get a diverter valve but it's more money and work

Brett

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader
Thanks. I only need them on the front for snow plow so I don't want to spend too much but want them to look nice. Does anybody have any pics they can post of doing this? Should I try to run just hose down the loader arms or get pipe to run it in down the loader arms?

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #4  
I have a Kubota M9540 tractor with a set a rear remote hydraulics. I currently don't use the rear hydraulics. I just purchased a snow plow for the front loader and need to get hydraulics ran to it to angle the blade. Is it better to run from the rear to the front or how? I'm new to this.

Welcome to TBN.

I have 3 rear remotes and 3rd function on my FEL.

If I were in your shoes I'd decide what my future plans are? Not knowing how long you've had your tractor and/or it's work conditions it's hard to give a definitive answer. I use all three of my rear remotes. I have TnT and a QH on my tractor at all times. I use the 3rd rear remote to run hydraulic rear tools.

If you have aspirations of doing any of these things you might as well go for the 3rd function kit now. I added it to mine using the Kubota Whole Goods kit. Fairly easy to install. Comes with complete instructions including pictures. Worst part of the install is you have to drain the hydraulic fluid, 16 gallons.

If not, then I'd run hoses to the rear. Best part about the M9540 is the location of the rear remote levers. Very easy to reach, right on the console by the trans shifter and FEL joystick. Make sure you secure the hoses very well so they don't snag on something and get torn off. With elbow fittings at the couplers on the rear you can run the hoses along the right side of the tractor and secure them above the bottom of the tractor.

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #5  
Thanks. I only need them on the front for snow plow so I don't want to spend too much but want them to look nice. Does anybody have any pics they can post of doing this? Should I try to run just hose down the loader arms or get pipe to run it in down the loader arms?

This brings up a point I forgot to make. If you run hoses from the rear and periodically remove your FEL you need a pair of couplers located somewhere near your factory FEL couplers. This avoids having to unfasten all that hose and then refasten it when you reinstall the FEL.

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #6  
The tractor is just getting ready to hit 300 hours and I think the recommendation is to change the fluid at 300 hour mark anyway so If I'm going to add the 3rd function kit then I better go ahead and do it when change fluid. I was considering just running the hoses off the back, inside the wheel well and under the footboard and then putting a quick disconnect where the rest of the loader attachments are and then running lines from there down the arm. Should I get black hose and run down the arm or try to get braided like on the loader now to run down the arm?

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #8  
ovrszd summed it up well. I went through the same decision many years ago, and went with extension hoses as a 'temporary' solution. It turns out that since I don't need the front connections for anything else, and since I can add or remove hoses in less than 5 minutes, I have stuck with them. I loop them off the rear remotes, along the inside of the left fender support and down to the FEL frame, along that frame to the front FEL frame upright, then along the FEL arm to the blade. I have hose disconnects about a foot short of the quick connect FEL plate. I strap those hoses on with 10 or so bungee balls so it's easy to add and remove in the fall and spring. I just strapped them on last week again, for this winter. I still have the bucket on now, and can drop that to attach the snow blade once we get the first real snow.

Thanks for all the help an info. Ford850 do you have any pics. Thanks.

/ Running rear remode hydraulics to front loader #10  
I ran hoses from my rear remotes to the torque tube on my FEL, and added a set of Quick Disconnects near the other quick disconnects so that the FEL could be easily be removed. If I had it to do over, I probably would have ran 3/8 hose instead of 1/2 inch. Maybe you can get some ideas from my thread below:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...-quick-connects-loader-torque.html?highlight=
Adding disconnects mid stream is a good idea. Although I've never removed my FEL once I get set up for winter it would be nice to have the disconnects just in case.

Thanks for all the help an info. Ford850 do you have any pics. Thanks.
I don't have any pictures. I realized after detailing how I strap on the hoses, that it won't likely make sense to others since remotes are in different areas, frames are different, etc. I used a garden hose and tried several routes first. Then picked the best one and measured the total hose length needed. I also have a hose shield (braided cloth tube) on that pair of hoses which makes them easier to manage.