How to remove Power Beyond Fitting

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #1  

Kubota3710

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS XR4046 Kubota G1800
I'm installing a 3rd function on a LS 4046. I have to remove the power beyond value, and then attach this to the grapple valve kit. Here is a picture of the fitting to be removed. It looks like it has a nut on both the top and the bottom of the off coming hydraulic hose. How do I remove the nuts and the hose? Just turn the bottom nut? Or hold the inside nut, and turn the outside nut. Don't want to mess it up. Thanks RIch

Power Beyond Fitting.JPG

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #2  
I dont think that fitting is for PB, might be a return. cant see enough of the valve to make a good guess

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #3  
That is a banjo fitting. hold the inner hex and unscrew the outer hex. It is a hollow bolt with a copper washer on each side of "banjo" on the end of the line. You can then unscrew the inner hex and remove from the valve. It is probably a straight pipe thread of some kind.

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting
For mudstopper. It is line 4 in this picture. The G822S03 to the left is the loader value. The G827S01 is the Remote Control Value. So I am pretty certain that it is the Power Beyond Port. Definitely don't want to be wrong......

Hydraulics.JPG

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #5  
Looks like line 3 is the return. As has already been said, the fitting is a banjo type. use a wrench to hold the fitting next to the valve and turn the nut on the outside and it should unscrew a hollow bolt with a couple of copper washers.

Re: How to remove Power Beyond Fitting on LS 4046

Ok, well glad I asked and I am all stop until I am sure I have the correct line. Here is a better pic of the entire loader control value. Line 4 is coming out the bottom and going back to the remote control valve (I think that drives the 2 rear remotes on the tractor). Line 3 is on the backside of the loader valve and goes back to the hydraulic filter area. So advice welcomed.

LS Loader Valve.JPG

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #7  
You have it right. Line 3 going to the filter is your return. Line 4 going to the other control valve is the PB

thanks for confirmation. WIll tackle it in the morning.

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #9  
Does the kit you are installing have the proper fittings to tie into what is there? Banjos aren't that common. Just don't want you to take it apart thinking your local hydraulic shop can make up a hose that will work.

/ How to remove Power Beyond Fitting #10  
3710, Looking at the diagram which is not very definitive I assume item G823SO1 is the pump, G822SO3 is the valve you are attaching to, but what is G8827SO1? If That item is another valve assembly fed power from SO3 then the line between the two is the PB and your new valve has to go in that line. So, we need to know the function of each major component first. The picture does not show what other connections are hidden. I would assume the four ports across from the valve operators go to the FEL cylinders. I can see only one other connected line so there are two others hidden which are the Tank (T) and the PB, Just pulling off lines may not tell you which is PB if you cannot tract out the lines on the tractor.

Ron