Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in.

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in. #1  
Tractor
2004 Fendt 209 P, 2014 Massey Ferguson 5612, 1998 John Deere 5510N
Hello All,

My tractor rear couplers are giving me fits. One of them I cannot get to take the male couple from my implement. I've pushed but it won't go in. In the past I've sprayed WD40 around the female end and hit the inner collar. Sometimes that works. But it isn't moving it this time. Anyone have any ideas.

Then problem two. On one of my female ends, the inner collar is pushed in and won't come out when male is inserted. This causes the hose to come out when under pressure. Any easy way to get this out. I guess I could take off the whole fitting and try to pull out the collar. Appreciate any ideas.

Thanks all!

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in. #2  
Rust/corrosion can cause things like that to freeze up. I had my FEL on for 4 years and never exercised the QCs. You can spend the time to try and free up; I just replaced all 4 pairs in 15 minutes and on to something else. Lesson learned; lube and exercise those fittings during PMs.

Ron

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in.
Thanks Ron. Are you able to buy these replacement couplers at a farm supply store or did you have to go to dealer.

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in. #4  
One can buy male/female couplers at most ag supply store or most good hyd repair business. Just be sure you get the correct hose fitting size & thread type.

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in. #5  
Are you bleeding the pressure off ? If you are HITTING them with a hammer you have dinged them . Flat face or ag style ?

/ Tractor SCV coupler won't connect/ collar stays in. #6  
Thanks Ron. Are you able to buy these replacement couplers at a farm supply store or did you have to go to dealer.

I assume you made sure to relieve any residual pressure. I have no idea what brand/style you have. I bought mine at my local hydraulic dealer/shop. They were Parker 67 which is a common style. TS has a Chinese knock off supposed to be compatible. My hydraulic guy regular price was quite less than TS so guess what. I find that with most TS stuff, I can beat their price plus get my 10% military discount. Recommend you take one off and take it for match-up. You will have to twist up a hose to unscrew from the pipe thread on the QC.

Ron