Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #1  

Tractorbill

Tractor
Kubota L245DT
Looking for solutions to a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for Kubota L245DT FEL. Part has been discontinued by Kubota. HELP!
See attached photo's

Attachments

• IMG_1512.JPG
    IMG_1512.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 986
  • IMG_1516.JPG
    IMG_1516.JPG
    937.6 KB · Views: 636
  • IMG_1518.JPG
    IMG_1518.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 1,344
  • IMG_1520.JPG
    IMG_1520.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 680
   / Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #2  
In the first picture, what is behind the pulley? Are you able to remove the shaft in the center of the pulley with the worn splines?

Edit to add: If you can remove the shaft and have it machined round with a keyway so that you can use a chain and sprockets like in the third picture. Can you get a browning hub with splines like that and JB weld it on to the shaft?

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #3  
In the first picture, is that shaft coming out of the transmission or is it a short shaft? If it's coming out of the transmission I would think you will have to replace it, or take it out and get it machined with a key way? Either way it isn't going to be any fun. Good luck, hopefully someone has an easy solution for you.

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #4  
If that joint needs to have some slop, for the two parts to slide a little, then that really limits your options.

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #5  
If that joint needs to have some slop, for the two parts to slide a little, then that really limits your options.

You might be able to fab something up starting with a PTO overrunning coupler if you can find one with the right splines.

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #6  
In the first picture, is that shaft coming out of the transmission or is it a short shaft? If it's coming out of the transmission I would think you will have to replace it, or take it out and get it machined with a key way? Either way it isn't going to be any fun. Good luck, hopefully someone has an easy solution for you.
That shaft is the front of the engine crankshaft. All one piece.

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #7  
Well that sucks.
Wonder if you could find something similar to this lovejoy coupling, splined couplers - Google Search , once it's installed and tight, plug weld it to the end of the crank (use s/s) and make sure the ground is on the coupling when you weld it.............Mike

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #8  
Does that shaft drive a pump? You let the maintenance go too long. That chain coupling is also worn and probably caused the wear on the shaft. If that's the nose of the crankshaft, you may have to change the way the (pump) shaft is driven or pull the crankshaft for machining. A new spine end can be made for the crank. The only alternative is to cut the spine off the crank and use the pulley to drive the shaft. But the pulley may have to be removed too so it can be drilled to center the new drive shaft.

Pulley drive adaptors are available similar to the one shown in this photo:

Ford_Adaptor_and_Shaft_on_D-17_Front_Pulley_Medium.jpg

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #9  
What is the spline count on yours and the OD? By your picture it looks like someone welded it to the pulley. I have a fitting that bolts to the pulley with 3 or 4 bolts and some other shafts. I could not find yours in the parts manual for your tractor. I forgot to look today to see what I had for sure.

/ Need a solution for a worn pto splined shaft/female coupler for KUBOTA L245DT FEL #10  
If those splines are on the crankshaft you can probably cut the diameter down so you can slip a new hollow splined shaft on and weld the end. Can you run the engine the way it is? If so I would idle the engine and use an angle grinder to grind the shaft down carefully to a standard size small enough so a new splined shaft will have enough wall thickness to be strong enough. You'll have to use a micrometer with the engine stopped to sneak up on the finished size. A file held against the spinning shaft should take off the last little bit. Leave a chamfer on the end for welding.

You'll have to use a lathe to drill a hole in the splined shaft so it doesn't wobble.

If this won't work it seems like you'll have to pull the crank out and have it machined.