Adding a Hydraulice toplink

/ Adding a Hydraulice toplink #1  

richl56

Tractor
Kubota B3300SU
Hi Everyone
I have a 2013 B3300su tractor. I want to add a hydraulic top link. Kubota is very proud $$$ of their offering. So I am looking for something a little more down to earth price wise.

I found this control valve: 2 function for future growth

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200638935_200638935

Hydraulic cylinder:
Amazon.com: Maxim WSB Swivel Ball Welded Cylinder: 2 Bore x 1 Stroke - 1.25 Rod Dia., 4513: Industrial & Scientific
I know I will need some hoses and fittings but it should be far less than the $1021 Kubota dealer quoted (minus labor). Am I on the right track?
Where do I tap into the tractors hydraulic system?

Thanks
Rich

Last edited:
   / Adding a Hydraulice toplink #2  
Welcome aboard! :welcome: Search around some on here for similar threads on "remotes" to get a solid idea of what you are getting into to understand the true final cost. Be sure to consider fabricating a mount for your valve(s) where you can readily get to them and be able to plumb both in and out hydraulic lines. Are you interested in having the valve control levers in the factory "slots"? On many (most?) tractors, you'll want to tap into hydraulic ports somewhere on the tractor housing. That will take either a factory take-off or some precision fabrication. Remember a solid mount (bulkhead) for the rear remote quick-connects and all the fittings.

I'll attach a pic or two later today of what the complete Kubota factory setup looks like for mine.

Here's the whole assembly on the bench before installation. These valves all have "float", hence the cylindrical float detent assemblies on the bottom of each valve. The three valves stack with o-rings between them, and a cast iron/milled termination block on the outside so that hydraulic pressure gets routed back down the return line. You can see the hydraulic takeoff block for a Kubota L4330 at the end of the hard hydraulic lines opposite the valves (block with 3 bolts). The lowest line is the low pressure hydraulic return. The rear bulkhead/mount and the matching bulkhead quick-connects are on the left.

IMG_0464 (768x1024).jpg

And the cylinders (supplied by Fit-Rite) custom-fabricated for a Kubota L4330. I know you are intending just top and not tilt, but be aware if you decide to add tilt that the tilt cylinder will need a "yoke" like this on the lift arm end to fit your tractor.

IMG_0468 (1024x768).jpg

Last edited:
   / Adding a Hydraulice toplink #4  
So the tractor has not rear remote currently?

/ Adding a Hydraulice toplink
Hi Ovrszd
My tractor did not have the rear remote when I bought it new in 2013. That's why I was looking at the 2 port unit at Northern Tool. I was thinking for no more work why not have the option to expand to use the second port if the need arises.

Rich

Hi Newbury

I looked earlier at fitritehydraulics and the price is pretty close to the Kubota offering. Since I am buying this out of my allowance I am looking for ways to save.

Rich

/ Adding a Hydraulice toplink #7  
   / Adding a Hydraulice toplink #8  
That cylinder has 1" pin holes, cat1 is 3/4".

sbw.JPG

I fixed the Northern tool link for the control valve

/ Adding a Hydraulice toplink #10  
That one would work, just not as good as one that's more matched with your machine's flow. Your tractor Pump flow is 6.7 gpm and that valve is good for 12 gpm. The one I listed is for 8 gpm. I can not tell if the power beyond plug comes with either valve or if you need to buy that separately.

Factory installed is very clean looking, it fits into a tight, out of the way, space. Has all the mounting hardware and brackets (you'll have to build those) to mount the valve and the quick disconnects to.