John Deere 300b loader slow

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #1  

65sixbanger

Tractor
Jd 300b
FullSizeRender.jpgI have a 300b john deere that has always seemed to have a slow loader, boom up and tilt atleast. I have noticed that the first time I start it after its been sitting for a couple days if I raise the loader as soon as it starts it raises very fast. after the first time it hits its stand-by pressure (2300) it seems to go back to its slow operation.

This has the original 1 lever loader valve that is stacked together. Parts screen shows it has 2 relief valves in the valve. I Kind of think there is some thing wrong with the valve because I have blown a couple hoses on the loader and with the tractor running oil continues to flow out even with the lever in the neutral position. Steering works good and the three point does not leak. I have plugged the steering line to eliminate the possibility of a leaking steering column.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Lance

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #2  
Lance
I agree with you. Only line on loader control valve with both spools in neutral that show flow oil if line bursts is the pressure(in) line. On closed center hyd any internal leak will lower operating speed & heat the oil which also lowers efficiency.
Jim

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #3  
View attachment 499436I have a 300b john deere that has always seemed to have a slow loader, boom up and tilt atleast. I have noticed that the first time I start it after its been sitting for a couple days if I raise the loader as soon as it starts it raises very fast. after the first time it hits its stand-by pressure (2300) it seems to go back to its slow operation.

This has the original 1 lever loader valve that is stacked together. Parts screen shows it has 2 relief valves in the valve. I Kind of think there is some thing wrong with the valve because I have blown a couple hoses on the loader and with the tractor running oil continues to flow out even with the lever in the neutral position. Steering works good and the three point does not leak. I have plugged the steering line to eliminate the possibility of a leaking steering column.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
-Lance

Is the viscosity of the hyd fluid correct? Ken Sweet

/ John Deere 300b loader slow
What valve would you suggest I get? Ive had good luck with cross, my press and return lines are 3/4npt and the 4 lines for the cylinders are 1/2" npt.

-Lance

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #6  
Lance
I'd suggest to get a 2 spool closed center valve from Surplus Center or you favorite hyd supply store.
Jim

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #7  
I know that on my commercial hydraulic mower and Kubota R510 loader/backhoe, any line I take off will pour out oil at pressure. Like taking a stabilizer hose off the hoe, with the lever in center, the hose will piss out oil under pressure. Makes no sense to me!

/ John Deere 300b loader slow #8  
Industrial toys
JD 300B with closed center hyd's and your mower & Kubota TLB with open center hyd's is very similar to comparing men to women or apples to oranges when it comes down to each implements hyd system.:laughing::D