MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #1  

peterjd6

Tractor
MF GC2410
After moving snow around for an hour or so my front end loader quit curling and dumping. It still operates up and down but doesn't dump. I do not see any signs of leaks and not real sure how to trouble shoot this issue. Any ideas?

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #2  
I would first try to disconnect and then reconnect the quick disconnects for the curl circuit. if one of these is slightly unhooked the will stop all movement.

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #3  
^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thats where I would start

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem
I would first try to disconnect and then reconnect the quick disconnects for the curl circuit. if one of these is slightly unhooked the will stop all movement.

When I did a visual inspection checking for leaks they looked OK, but I will try your suggestion tomorrow and see what happens. I will let you know, thanks for the response.

I tried what you suggested and still have the same issue. So I then went back and disconnected and then re-connected all four hoses just to be sure they were all connected as they should be. Issues remains the same. Front loader goes up/down but no dumping action. Backhoe is unaffected - no problems there.

Any idea what I should try next?

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #6  
Do either or both of the hoses going to the curl function appear to be pressurized when you move the joy stick?

Can you visually check all of the linkage between the joystick and the valve spool? Spool should move approximately the same distance as the raise lower spool.

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #7  
Swap dump/curl with lift/lower and see if the problem follows.

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #8  
Do you have the ability to test the pressure on the hydraulics to see if flow is making it to your front. Something like this from Ken's bolt on hooks or some home brew tester than can test up to 2500 psi will tell you everything you need to know.

HPTG-2%20(Medium).jpg

Pardon my ignorance but I don't know what a value spool is and I forgot to look it up before I went to work on it today so I can't answer that question at the moment. I did swap dump/curl with lift/lower hoses and got the same results, that is the front loader still raises and lowers but doesn't dump or curl, which leads me to think the problem then lies somewhere after the connections not before. Would that be correct?

/ MF GC2410 Front Loader Hydraulic Problem #10  
peterjd6,
Yes if the lift lower works on the curl circuit the problem is not in the valve.

Is the bucket fully curled or fully dumped at this time?

When moving the joystick does the bucket move at all? I.e. try to dump or try to curl..

If the bucket tries to move I would suspect one of the quick disconnect ends on the curl hoses is bad. Not a common problem but the ado occasionally fail.