Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #1  

blb078

Silver Member
Tractor
LS 4150HC
I have a wrlong 3rd function kit on my LS tractor. The kit was put on by the dealer and it had some ag couplers. I took those off and put on 1/2" flat face skid steer quick connect style. I also put them on the grapple lines for the grapple I had. I can't get one of the lines to connect into the coupler. It use to work ok but required some force but now it will not connect at all. It pretty much goes all the way end except maybe the last 1/8" where it clicks. Any idea what is causing this and how to fix it? Only one of the two lines has this issue. The other line connects just fine.

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #2  
This should help you out.
Travis

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #3  
The ag style couplers are much easier to use and release pressure, just push the ball against some metal surface until it quits bleeding. All of my front mount attachments (at least 6) are the FFC because I have a skid steer and the tractor has them as well. The only advantage that I see with the FFC is that the dust is kept out without the funky rubber caps, and they are easy to wipe 100% clean. They are way more expensive and releasing pressure on the implement side usually means "cracking" or loosening the fitting, btw this and a few other reason have made me a big fan of JIC style fittings. Easy to loosen to "bleed" pressure off.

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #4  
First I move my FEL lever to release any built up pressure in the lines, and if there is a build-up remaining or at the actual implement instead of the tractor's lines, I carry a hammer in my on-tractor toolbox. I take it out and smack the side of the hammer head to the ball of the male JIC, while looking away, or wrapping the ball end with a rag to keep hydraulic fluid from spraying in my eyes, etc.

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function
Ok, so basically I need to release the pressure on the grapple fitting then? Any easy way of doing this with the flat face skid steer fittings since it's all flat?

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #6  
Ok, so basically I need to release the pressure on the grapple fitting then? Any easy way of doing this with the flat face skid steer fittings since it's all flat?

Did you watch the video?
Turn the tractor off, then turn the key so accessory power is on to actuate the 3rd function switch. Press the buttons/rock the switch to relieve pressure.
That's it in a nutshell.
Travis

Did you watch the video?
Turn the tractor off, then turn the key so accessory power is on to actuate the 3rd function switch. Press the buttons/rock the switch to relieve pressure.
That's it in a nutshell.
Travis
I've already done that. Probably should have mentioned that in my first post. Even after doing that I can get the coupler just to where its about to click but to much pressue.

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #8  
Mine is the same way. I end up having to loosen a fitting to relieve the pressure.

/ Can't get grapple line connected to 3rd function #9  
Also make sure the FEL and any implement on the back are on the ground.Move your joy stick in all directions to relieve pressure on tractor.The heat of the sun will build pressure in your hoses on front implement also.

Mine is the same way. I end up having to loosen a fitting to relieve the pressure.
When you do that, do you losen the fitting, connect the coupler, then tighten the fitting back up? Or do you just losen the fitting for a sec, then tighten it back up, then connect the coupler?