Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas?

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #1  

ldowney

Tractor
2018 Kubota L4760 HSTC
My buddy is having a problem with his tractor. He has a MF 2300 with a 2350 loader. The loader will work for about 10 minutes then the bucket will not come down, everything works on bucket except going down. The problem is not with the dump and curl hydraulics, it's the raise and lower hydraulics. It has a Nimco 10151 control, it also has a knob to speed up drop rate on tractor that I have turned all way out to speed up but don't help. If anyone can help diagnose what's going on with his hydraulics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #2  
Does it function normally for the first 5 minutes? If so, will the loader arms pick up the front wheels and hold it up without leaking down? Is the drop speed control mechanical or electronic?

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas?
Does it function normally for the first 5 minutes? If so, will the loader arms pick up the front wheels and hold it up without leaking down? Is the drop speed control mechanical or electronic?

The drop speed control is mechanical. Yes, the bucket works normal for the initial 5-10 minutes. After that, the bucket will just not lower. It will raise but not lower.

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #4  
Does the drop speed control work fine in the first 5 minutes? Does it malfunction all of a sudden or does it gradually get harder and harder to lower the bucket? Do you hear the relief valve operating/engine loading up when the bucket is stuck and you are attempting to lower it?

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #5  
The drop speed control is only for the 3pt hitch. Switch the boom and bucket hoses and see what happens. Sounds like a bad quick coupler.

The drop speed control is only for the 3pt hitch. Switch the boom and bucket hoses and see what happens. Sounds like a bad quick coupler.

My buddy said he switched hoses like you suggested. Now it will go down but will not raise. Thoughts?

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #7  
It is likely a bad coupler or something sticking in the valve.

It is likely a bad coupler or something sticking in the valve.

Is there a way for him to further diagnose this issue? Bad coupler?

/ Hydraulic on FEL Won't Go Down Once Warmed Up. Ideas? #9  
Remove and switch the couplers to the dump circuit and see if the issue moves to the bucket ceasing to dump- if so it is the couplers, if it stays with the loader arms, then its the loader arm circuit of the valve.

Remove and switch the couplers to the dump circuit and see if the issue moves to the bucket ceasing to dump- if so it is the couplers, if it stays with the loader arms, then its the loader arm circuit of the valve.

I'll pass this info along to my friend. Thanks for your help.