Strange loader problem

/ Strange loader problem #1  

Ben755

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar FX28D
I originally posted my question in the wrong forum section - didn't realize that it had a hydraulics section. The problem is my tractor FEL won't lower. When I push the joystick controller forward to lower the bucket, the bucket raises instead of lowering. The other functions, tilting and raising, work ok. The loader manufacturer (Koyker) hasn't seen this problem before. They think that maybe the return line from the FEL could be blocked or have back pressure, but don't think that the problem is with the controller. Has anyone experienced this problem ? Any thoughts on the cause ?

/ Strange loader problem #2  
I have this problem on my Kubota L185DT occasionally, but that is because I push the loader into float mode with my heavy box blade on the 3PT. The pressure feeds to the 3PT but doesn't lift it because it's easier to lift the FEL. If the 3PT isn't at the position commanded by the lever, and I ask the loader to move down, the tractor will strain and the loader won't move down smoothly or at all. You may be on the right track regarding back pressure or blockage.

/ Strange loader problem #3  
I don't see how you could all of a sudden have a line blockage. My guess would be the valve itself has problems.
Can you ID the right hose for the "lower" function, remove it from the valve or where it returns to the tractor and then see if the loader arms lower?

/ Strange loader problem #4  
Make sure one of your quick disconnects has not separated.

/ Strange loader problem #5  
I had a similar problem and it was the quick disconnects. I put some older ones I had on and it went away.
Tom

/ Strange loader problem
I've checked the disconnects and the're ok. I'm thinking of removing the FEL return hose and temporarily routing it directly to the fluid sump. When I start the engine and try to move the bucket, fluid should pour into the sump.

/ Strange loader problem #7  
I originally posted my question in the wrong forum section - didn't realize that it had a hydraulics section. The problem is my tractor FEL won't lower. When I push the joystick controller forward to lower the bucket, the bucket raises instead of lowering. The other functions, tilting and raising, work ok. The loader manufacturer (Koyker) hasn't seen this problem before. They think that maybe the return line from the FEL could be blocked or have back pressure, but don't think that the problem is with the controller. Has anyone experienced this problem ? Any thoughts on the cause ?

For clarity of information.

Does the loader raise when you move the joystick to both the lower and raise positions?

If return line from the FEL valve is blocked none of the functions would operate properly.

/ Strange loader problem #8  
Did you take the FEL off and swap the hoses?

-R

/ Strange loader problem #9  
mine looked fine also I think what happened was there was enough loose oil in the female end to keep them from coupling. One of the things I did was switch the hoses around so curl was up and down etc.
I kept having the same problem, the old disconnects had a spud instead of ball to open them so maybe didn't need as tight a tolerance.
Tom

/ Strange loader problem
For clarity of information.

Does the loader raise when you move the joystick to both the lower and raise positions?

If return line from the FEL valve is blocked none of the functions would operate properly.

Yes, the loader raises when I push forward on the joystick and when I pull back on it.