Add remote on Ford 3000 for batwing finish mower

/ Add remote on Ford 3000 for batwing finish mower
Don't you need a sub plate under the valve? I am not sure but was thinking the fords did.

It is my understanding that a plate is only needed if you want to install an aftermarket valve at another location (such as on the fender or a loader arm). My service manual shows this style of valve mounting directly to the tractor in place of the cover that is currently there.

/ Add remote on Ford 3000 for batwing finish mower #12  
Well that's good. Didn't know that for sure.

I took the cover off and compared it to the valve setup I got. There is an extra hole that doesn't match the lid or the tractor. Any ideas? I have also learned that this valve is the "early style" from a 800 series Ford, which apparently is compatible with later models. New Holland (8) - 4 CYL AG TRACTOR ALL PURPOSE (1/54-12/57) Parts Diagrams The parts diagram for the cover on that tractor also shows that extra hold doesn't match up to anything New Holland (8) - 4 CYL AG TRACTOR ALL PURPOSE (1/54-12/57) Parts Diagrams. So - I'm guessing it will work, but am curious as to its purpose.

IMG_3618.JPG

Last edited:
I went ahead and put all new seals on the valve assembly and installed it. Everything seems to work and with no leaks. Mower does a nice job and the tractor seems well suited to run it. Now to start fixing the mower itself up. Batwing finish mower - YouTube