3pt hitch will only raise with fel

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel #1  

Thetylerguy

Tractor
2005 mahindra 3510
New to the forum and new to being a tractor owner. I just purchased the mahindra in question and am trying to fix an issue that was caused by seller. Seller tells me he had to replace 2 hoses that run to the back of the tractor, since replacing the 3pt will only raise when raising OR lowering the fel.
Example: I have a scrape blade attached to grade my driveway. I lower the implement and make a pass, when it is time to lift the impliment I pull the lever and nothing happens. When I raise or lower the fel with the 3pt lever in the raised position the implement will then move to the raised position.
I do not have any experience with hydraulic mechanics so any help would be welcomed. Please do not hesitate to point out the obvious as I am a complete newbie with this stuff. Thanks so much guys!

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel #2  
Not knowing the hydraulic circuit on that tractor, it makes me wonder if he crossed the two hoses. Very often, hydraulic flow goes to the loader valve and then to the 3-pt and then to the tank. So a proper hookup would be like this:

Loader valve flow loop (open flow when loader valve centered) ------> 3-pt hitch ------> reservoir

Loader valve return (when loader valve actuated) -------> reservoir

If those two lines were crossed somewhere, then I can see how the 3-pt hitch only gets flow when it's coming out of an actuated loader valve. And I think the hydraulic flow would still have a path to the reservoir regardless, so you may not have other symptoms (ie, you're not dead-heading the flow).

If you can find a parts diagram, loader install instructions, or hydraulics schematic for the tractor, I bet it will give the answer. But unless I am not thinking this through correctly, the scenario I described seems like it would explain the behavior you're seeing.

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel
Not knowing the hydraulic circuit on that tractor, it makes me wonder if he crossed the two hoses. Very often, hydraulic flow goes to the loader valve and then to the 3-pt and then to the tank. So a proper hookup would be like this:

Loader valve flow loop (open flow when loader valve centered) ------> 3-pt hitch ------> reservoir

Loader valve return (when loader valve actuated) -------> reservoir

If those two lines were crossed somewhere, then I can see how the 3-pt hitch only gets flow when it's coming out of an actuated loader valve. And I think the hydraulic flow would still have a path to the reservoir regardless, so you may not have other symptoms (ie, you're not dead-heading the flow).

If you can find a parts diagram, loader install instructions, or hydraulics schematic for the tractor, I bet it will give the answer. But unless I am not thinking this through correctly, the scenario I described seems like it would explain the behavior you're seeing.

Thanks!

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel #4  
i can never remember the specific letters and what they stand for.... but on the valve for FEL. there should be letters like P, B, T, A, B,C,D or something like that 1 or 2 letters/numbers per port were a hydraulic hose could connect to. the letters stand for like power beyond, tank, A&B to a cylinder, A1 & A2 to a cylinder, from pump, etc...

shop manual / service manual more likely has full details of hydraulic circuits. these can be costly little books. but generally give full detail with exploded parts diagrams and break downs of how to tear stuff apart, check it and put it back together.

for a page or 2, you might try contacting local dealer and see if you can get a copy of the hydraulic circuit page showing which ports on valve go to were. some times they do it for free. not always. but never hurts to ask.

i do not remember if mahindra has online parts manual (just shows parts and minimal diagram showing location of part fairly ugly.

i doubt the owners / operators manual will have the details.

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel #5  
G'day i would say the pressure and return hoses are around the wrong way

Jon

/ 3pt hitch will only raise with fel #6  
power beyond and tank ports need hoses switched.