Third function DIY

/ Third function DIY #1  

Saitcho

Tractor
Kubota B26
Hi guys,

I plan to build a third function for a log clamp from cotech on my B26:Cotech

I will use one of the rear remote to power it. My plan is to remove the two hoses on the rear remote between the tractor and the quick connect. Bring them to a hydraulic shop and have them put a "T" on them. I could simply plug in the rear remote itself but I am looking for a cleaner installation. On the front i want to install quick connect on a plate so I can quickly change the attachment. I plan to use 1/2 inch hoses would 3/8 be enough? I was wondering if a shut off valve would be usefull on the new line.... Any tips on routing the lines under the tractor, i was planning tu use a garden hose to do a mock-up before ordering the hydraulic hose.

/ Third function DIY #2  
This method will work. Only limitation is you can't have anything coupled into the rear quick couplers while you are trying to use the 3rd function. Same thing in reverse. Can't have anything coupled into the 3rd function while you are trying to use the 3rd function. Shutoff valves would eliminate the last issue I mentioned.

3/8" hoses would be sufficient.

Not sure how often you are in brush? I would have hoses torn off quickly under my tractor. Be diligent about routing and fastening.

Post pics when you can.

Welcome to TBN!!!