FEL quit working after belt change

/ FEL quit working after belt change #1  

trevorwright

Tractor
Allis Chalmers D14/D15
First tractor I've owned so bare with me. Pretty good at fixing motors and general mechanical. It's a 1964 Allis Chalmers D15 with FEL. Got it home yesterday and decided to give it a good once over after getting the snow blower unhooked.

Noticed the fan / water pump belt needed replacing. Tractor had a truck alternator put in so used a random Napa belt. To get the belt on I had to remove the loaders pump and shaft that comes out the front of the engine.

In the process, I accidentally loosened the bigger intake hose going to the pump a quarter turn. Didn't think it was a big deal but now loader didn't budge.

Took hose off pump, drained reservoir, tightened fitting and reconnected but still nothing. Thanks in advance.

/ FEL quit working after belt change #2  
This may sound silly but can you confirm the pump is turning? I.e. Is the coupling for the pump drive shaft engaged properly?

If yes then possible you have an lock and will need to prime the pump. Possibly loosen the outlet line of the pump and turn the engine over allowing the air to be expelled.

/ FEL quit working after belt change
Thanks oldnslo,

I talked to the previous owner and he said to check the key way on the hydraulic pump like you said. If not I'll try loosening the outlet line in the morning.

/ FEL quit working after belt change #4  
no direct help for you....
agcopartsbooks.com -> click "guest" select "agco allis" from drop down menu, and enter model number of tractor. and you can get free online part listings.

Unofficial Allis Home Page = you may end up needing to find parts, have ordered from a 3 to 4 places they have listed on main page of dealers, i have reached out to the forum there once or twice to find some other stuff for the old CA i have.

/ FEL quit working after belt change
Thanks oldnslo,

I talked to the previous owner and he said to check the key way on the hydraulic pump like you said. If not I'll try loosening the outlet line in the morning.

Got it fixed, the key in the shaft for the pump had pushed inside the coupler

/ FEL quit working after belt change #6  
Glad it was something that simple.