Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader #1  

Kentmichaels

Tractor
Mahindra 4025 2wd
Replaced the valve controller to no avail.
Have about one inch travel in all four directions, that's it.
I have a pump on order, hate to dig in there if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Initial problem, up function quit working.
Found the hydraulic fluid very low, filled that.
Now tilt goes one inch either way.
Up down goes one inch either way.

Is it necessary to prime the hydraulics if it ran dry?
Don't have a service manual for the tractor.
I read J_J comments on other posts.
J_J seems very knowledgeable, hoping you might see this post.
I would like to talk with you.

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader #2  
Kent,
I would first suggest that you get a pressure gauge to test to see if you are getting any pressure. Typical method is to get fittings so that it can be plugged into one of the quick disconnects on the FEL. No pressure indicates that either the pump is not producing flow or the flow is being diverted elsewhere.

When you are trying to operate the FEL do you here any change in the sound of the engine?

Any squealing or sounds like fluid escaping or spraying?

Any local hydraulic shops that could perform a flow test on your tractor without removing the pump? I.e. connect into the existing lines..

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader
Thank you sir for your response. Suppose I should just go on and get a pressure gauge.
Seems fairly obvious if there was pressure something should move. But I don't understand this system and have no knowledge about it.

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader #4  
The fact that both functions try to move indicate that it is possible that one of the quick disconnects failed in each circuit. Gauge is less expensive than the pump and probably a whole lot easier to install.

I'm not sure which side, or which line to put a gauge.
Between the quick disconnect and the controller valve, in line?
Incoming or outgoing line from the pump?
Has to be in line correct? Or just static?
I'm sorry I dont know exactly how this system works.
I'm guessing fluid is pushed to one side or the other of the ram
through the controller valve. So pressure would be present from the pump to the
controller, which is not a quick disconnect. The controller directs the pressurized
Fluid to the appropriate ram. But fluid has to feed back from the ram as well as it extends or contracts.
So you need two different setups, for a gauge to go in line with the supply line
and also for the quick disconnects??

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader #6  
Simplest method is to uncouple the quick disconnects and replace the hose with the gauge. Then activate that function should bring the pressure up to the relief setting. Would guess this to be in the 2000 - 2500 PSI range.

Trying to "Tee" it into a line requires more fittings.

Other thing you can without a gauge is watch the hoses going to lift or tilt circuit. Do they stiffen up when the loader try's to move? If yes is it one hose or both?

Ok makes sense.
Messed with again this evening, bucket moves maybe three feet up and down.
Which is a grand improvement but then stops. And tilt function has half range of movement. Three Hoses are tighter than cooter brown, except for one......
Saving me 431 by not replacing the pump. Thinking pull all the hoses, have them rebuilt?

/ Loader issues mahindra with bueller loader #8  
If hoses are tight then I would suspect the quick disconnects are failing. Possibly try lowering the loader, shut the tractor off, move the joystick in all directions to make sure all of the pressure is relieved and then disconnect & reconnect the quick disconnects. This might eliminate the problem. Also try feathering the control to move the loader very slowly. If you now get full range of motion it would again indicate a bad quick disconnect.

Well strangely enough, I replaced the four quick disconnects and all functions returned. However, I tried to move a bale yesterday and it won't raise up again. I'll go get the pressure gauge, and see if that pinpoints a ram failure. I suppose my hydralic pump is still on the shelf at the tractor place. I'm thinking now trash has gotten in the lines and don't know how you go about flushing the system but thinking that might be next. I have replaced the filter, but after the fluid ran dry....... almost ready to take it in and pay whatever and give the problem to someone else.

Also didn't realize the quick disconnect have just the tip that spins off, originally I thought they were factory crimped but that is not the case. Which makes installing a gauge a piece of cake.