Order 12" Hose online?

/ Order 12" Hose online? #1  

ArXane

Bronze Member
I want to order two 12" +/- hydraulic hoses online with male quick attach on each side. Anybody know where to get pre-made hoses like that? My Google Fu isn't working for this.

/ Order 12" Hose online? #2  
Is that 12" long? I hope so. There are too many things that have to be figured into a hydraulic hose to try to do it online. Take it to a hose shop and have them build you one while you wait. Ask your dealer where they go to get them done. I have several options here, including NAPA auto parts stores. Axxion is by far the cheapest here, but they are only open banking hours, M-F.

/ Order 12" Hose online? #4  
I second Discount Hydraulic Hose. Also, you'll need to buy the quick connects separately from the hose. Typically they connect with NPT threads, and you'll have to get the correct fittings on the hose. If the length includes the quick connects you'll have to deduct that from the hose length. I'm not sure what the minimum length is but you'd be getting close to it at that point. Also, make sure you get the correct quick connects, there are several different styles, and DHH has a guide on their site to determine which ones you need.

/ Order 12" Hose online?
Thanks for all the info. Ill go to discount.

/ Order 12" Hose online? #6  
Know nothing about Discount Hose but if a pre-made works for you normally less. But a customer hose maker probably has many more options on fittings than pre-made ones. Also if you ever had a fitting damaged and the hose is not they normally can replace just the fitting and maybe save you a hose.

/ Order 12" Hose online? #8  
   / Order 12" Hose online? #9  
Perhaps online is attractively priced but then add in shipping and maybe local will surprise you.

Besides it is always nice to support local merchants.

/ Order 12" Hose online? #10  
I order my hydraulic supplies from baileyhydraulics.com.
130 miles from me, so that is local.
The way they ship, I am next day before noon from them.
1/3 -1/2 what it cost at a store in my town, plus 1-3 hour wait, that's if they have the fittings in stock and if they do not have them in stock, it's a 5-7 day wait.
I do buy local alot, but when the online,2 day shipping price is $7.00 and at the local store it is, 1 week plus delivery, price at $35.00 for the same item/brand/part number, I just walk out the door. That happen last week.