hyd problem on jd2030

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #1  

jddummy

Tractor
jd1050 jd2030 jd5310
hi all,
I have decided to join this forum to get more info on my tractors and there is some really sharp people on here so here goes.
I'm having an hyd issue on my 2030, heres whats it doing and what i have done so far.
This tractor does not have a loader on it, i only use it for raking hay,splitting wood and bush hogging. The other day the three point wouldn't raise up. took it to my shop and replaced filter, fluid and pulled screen, started tractor and it just raised links but when i let it down it wouldn't raise back up. i left it alone for now and went to hook up 15' bush hog, it would only raise the wings slowly. long story short. every year i have to replace orings in SCV so this year when i open it up there was something busted in there. I ordered a remanufacterd SCV. I put it on today thinking this would correct the 3point problem and the oring problem.
This is what its doing now, on the SCV coupler, i can open lever and no oil shoots out. So here's my question,
Does the SCV have anything to do with the 3point not working?
How come i don't have oil coming out of SCV?
Does this mean i might have a bad pump?
Where do i go from here.
Thanks for any help

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #2  
Welcome to TBN
Check to be sure frt hyd pump shaft is turning when engine crankshaft is turning. Does power steering operate correctly? Does tractor have hyd ind pto or hyd hi-lo? I will suggest to install a 3000 or 5000# gauge in a port on frt hyd pump. Gauge should read 2250 psi. With engine running,3 pt raised look in hyd oil filler hole behind seat for moving/spraying oil. If moving oil is seen 3 pt control valve seals are leaking. SCV leaking internally can affect other hyd functions.

/ hyd problem on jd2030
Thanks for reply, its hard to tell if shaft is turning but will go and check that first, the power steering is working then not working. i do not know what hyd hi-lo means? i did look in the cap before i changed the SCV and there was spraying a jet stream in there.I have not looked in there after changing part, i will do that also. How in the world do u get to repair that? do u have to take that plate off that the seat sits on to get to inside

/ hyd problem on jd2030
ok, it is spaying inside of filler hole when 3point is raised. also the pump shaft is turning too. my tractor has the hi-lo pto

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #5  
To understand your tractors hydraulics (close centersisteme) compare it to a dam of water in the mountain ...when you needs water you open a tap ...if not ...all the taps is close !
There is a lowpressure sisteme and a highpressuresisteme n the tractor.
First you need to test the low pressuresisteme.

On the right side of the gearlevers is 2 testports . I believe a9/16th spanner will fit there. Fit 2 gauges to those testports( gauges must handle 20 bar. Front one must reed 10.5 bar and the rear must read something to feed the highpressurepump to change the pressure to 150 bar. Please repoort back and I will send more info.

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #6  
The lowpressuresisteme let your ipto..4x4..hi- lo works correctly ...if it is iqeuped on the tractor
The highpressure works your steering...rockshaft and the external controlvalve.
Whats not workin ?

/ hyd problem on jd2030
The lowpressuresisteme let your ipto..4x4..hi- lo works correctly ...if it is iqeuped on the tractor
The highpressure works your steering...rockshaft and the external controlvalve.
Whats not workin ?

i don't have a gage that will go that high. i will have to find one somewhere and check that. i can open my control valve where i hook up my hyd lines and no oil shoots out when fully open. also my power steering does not work at all times. i noticed something new yesterday that the lever for the 3 point would be all the way down but the lift arms would be all the way up. never had this kind of problem

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #8  
i noticed something new yesterday that the lever for the 3 point would be all the way down but the lift arms would be all the way up. never had this kind of problem

Check to be sure rate of drop screw under seat isn't completely closed down. HYD HI-LO is a hydraulically controlled 2 speed that requires a lever(rabbit-turtle) on dash on LH side of steering wheel. To repair spraying under seat 1st disconnect hose between scv & RS housing. No oil should exit scv with control lever in neutral.If no oil exits scv then RS housing under seat needs to be removed to R&R RS control valve seals & RS piston seals.

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #9  
You need to diagnose first before you open anything . Test all in engage AND in disengage and note all pressures before opening anything !

/ hyd problem on jd2030 #10  
I agree that checking pressures at test ports is a good first step. That said you can test these pressures all you want and it won't fix the spraying oil under the rockshaft cover. I would suspect the transmission pump is working since the system is spraying oil in the rock shaft cover.

I would do as TX Jim suggests, check the scv for a flow in neutral first, if it is eliminated then move to the rockshaft. Removing the rock shaft cover is not difficult and is easier than most would think initially.

I would also mention that TX Jim was a service manager for a Deere dealer and has a lot of experience with these model tractors. I would heed his advice, he has helped many people with good instruction and resolved many tractor issues on this forum.