This should be something easy for y'all. Hydraulic cylinder re-seal

/ This should be something easy for y'all. Hydraulic cylinder re-seal #1  

thepigstye

Tractor
International 240 Utility
Well, I didn't get a single response to the last post on the hydraulics on my 58 240 Utility, hope I get answer on this one.

This is the cylinder of the back hoe. Never leaked for many years, but it finally sprung a bad leak at the seal . I removed the end cap with out much to-do. (picture #1) Tried to remove the ram but this is fully extended and it's as far as I have been able to get it to move. I would guess that I need to fully remove the ram, so I can remove the piston, so I can remove the seal housing, so I can replace the seal?
pic #3 shows the o-ring for the seal housing. It doesn't leak, only the seal does (in pic #4). Pic #5 is the piston stop? It has never had a seal in it.

Ok, here are a couple of questions.
I don't see a "seal" (like a metal housing seal ya just press in, like a wheel bearing seal), so I assume it just has some kind of packing?
I see some hardened black material here (rubber?) (pic#4) , but what holds it in place when the ram moves back and forth?
The screw on cap doesn't hold it in place as the i.d of the cap is 1/2" larger than the counter bore for the packing material
How does the entire ram come out of the cylinder? Is the seal housing removable? Can I install a double lip press in seal where this old packing goes? If not, what kind of packing do I replace it with and where can I get some?

DSC07580.JPGDSC07582.JPGDSC07583.JPGDSC07584.JPGDSC07585.JPGDSC07581.JPG

/ This should be something easy for y'all. Hydraulic cylinder re-seal
Got the piston out. the inner and outer seals are completely dried up and shot, in a million pieces. Where's the best place to locate these 3 seals and the packing for the dust wiper??

DSC07586.JPG

/ This should be something easy for y'all. Hydraulic cylinder re-seal #3  
It's Case/international now, try the Case Dealer or stop by a hyd shop and they should be able to fix you up with the seals.

/ This should be something easy for y'all. Hydraulic cylinder re-seal
Thanks, I'll check my local Case Dealer on the highway