Front End Loader Hydraulics,

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #1  

LP1

Tractor
New Holland TC33D
So, I watch these videos on YouTube and everyone always shows the FEL lifting the front of the tractor up. Well, mine won't do that. It just whines at full throttle. The guy I bought it from sold it because the FEL wouldn't lift a bail of hay. Everyone I talked to said a New Holland TC33D wasn't going to lift a big roll of hay, but I've seen dozens of them lift the front and off the ground. OK, so what should I check?

The hoses look good and to be honest I haven't had time to check the fluid level and I don't even know where the check plug (or whatever) is. Any help without pointing and laughing at me would be greatly appreciated....... :laughing:

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics,
Sorry, I forgot to mention it's a 7308 front end loader.

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #3  
Tee a gage into the line, set loader relief for about 2500 Psi

Check the Main pump pressure, shim relief as required, then set loader relief 100-150 psig less.

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #4  
mikes words are "the true story". ;-)

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics,
Thanks for the advice. I read it several times.
I feel like I need someone to translate it for me. :laughing:

Could someone "dumb it down" a bit for me?
Where would I put the gauge and what does "shim relief" mean?

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #6  
Do you have the bucket tipped forward when you try and lift the front of the tractor ?

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #8  
....Where would I put the gauge and what does "shim relief" mean?
Read this thread, mainly the last one... (beware we had "double posting-itous" back then).

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/81000-tc30-hydraulic-pressure-2.html

So I don't know your tractor but tractor's operate at a certain PSI - I think yours might be 2200 MAX). Shims will compress the pressure release valve, making it tighter, thus raising the operating pressure...

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #9  
Do you have the bucket tipped forward when you try and lift the front of the tractor ?

I've never found a machine that wouldn't still do it.

/ Front End Loader Hydraulics, #10  
Thanks for the advice. I read it several times.
I feel like I need someone to translate it for me. :laughing:

Could someone "dumb it down" a bit for me?
Where would I put the gauge and what does "shim relief" mean?

Any pressure line on the hydraulics will work. The easiest is probably the quick attach couplings. Unscrew a couple and figure out the threads. It's probably 1/2 NPT. Now go buy a T, a double male connector and a can of thread sealant. Put the T between the coupling and the piece you just unscrewed it from. Put a pressure gauge on the remaining port. Make sure everything you use is 3000 psi pressure rated.