Loader Valve gpm question

/ Loader Valve gpm question #1  

aerojunkie

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2538
I have a 2538 that I would like to change out the loader valve on. But I have couple questions before spending $300-$400 for nothing. The specs say the pump is 7.6gpm and the steering is 4.1gpm, but am I correct that FEL gets the full 7.6? And is the stock valve a series valve and not parallel? Reason I ask is I want to change the loader valve and the one I really like is rated for 25gpm and both functions work at the same time plus adds a grapple valve, but Im afraid it would be touchy to use.

3 SPOOL 25 GPM JOYSTICK LOADER VALVE W/GRAPPLE | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

I found another one rated for 10gpm that adds a regen and can also operate both functions at the same time.

2 SPOOL COMPACT 1 GPM JOYSTICK CONTROL VALVE | Directional Control Valves | Hydraulic Valves | Hydraulics | www.surpluscenter.com

Im after making the controls smoother and able to be used simultaneously and trying to get past the curl cylinders giving up on the loader before the lift cylinders do.

/ Loader Valve gpm question #2  
match the valves to the flow rate for best "feel".

/ Loader Valve gpm question #3  
aerojunkie
If more than 1 hyd valves are activated simultaneously the hyd function with least resistance will operate 1st. 25 GPM valve on a 7.6 gpm system will not have soft feel.

/ Loader Valve gpm question #4  
I own that valve (and have it, all of the fittings and hoses, sitting here, ready to make a mount and replace the original). I will note that even though it will flow twice what the original Besko valve (on my Mahindra 2540; it may be the same valve as on the OP), it may be as sensitive: the mechanical linkage appears to have a "slower" ratio, and the handle is much longer. The Besko is a POS that is rather abrupt no matter what; I doubt it will be worse; if so, off it will go, and I'll build a stack that flows less.) The only real disadvantage, pre-installation, is that the new valve is large and heavy; there will be a net gain of perhaps 15 lbs. But my overall costs are less than adding a solenoid valve third function, and I'd rather have that lever.
I will post photos if work ever allows me the time to install it!

/ Loader Valve gpm question
I own that valve (and have it, all of the fittings and hoses, sitting here, ready to make a mount and replace the original). I will note that even though it will flow twice what the original Besko valve (on my Mahindra 2540; it may be the same valve as on the OP), it may be as sensitive: the mechanical linkage appears to have a "slower" ratio, and the handle is much longer. The Besko is a POS that is rather abrupt no matter what; I doubt it will be worse; if so, off it will go, and I'll build a stack that flows less.) The only real disadvantage, pre-installation, is that the new valve is large and heavy; there will be a net gain of perhaps 15 lbs. But my overall costs are less than adding a solenoid valve third function, and I'd rather have that lever.
I will post photos if work ever allows me the time to install it!
I do have a besko on mine, and I can agree its not much. I really like the fact that one you have since it has a lever for the 3rd function instead of an electric valve. If I replace mine I debated on remounting the current valve on top of the new one and use it for the 3rd function and to also have a hydraulic top link with a float later on. I hope you get some time in the near future im anxious to hear how it works out.

/ Loader Valve gpm question #6  
I plan on putting the Besko on the back of the tractor for top'n'tilt or some other purpose; I have a "loop" there anyway for the backhoe, and if the power beyond from that point runs the 3-point lift, then I'll only need to add a tank line (if I find that the BH is the "end of the line" I can tie the valve's power beyond and tank lines together. )

/ Loader Valve gpm question #7  
I helped a guy with a Lenar recently. It was a limited USA sold model of a Mahindra or similar.

It was a model 255 and had power steering, a backhoe and a FEL all powered by one pump.

With all the writing on the valves being in Chinese, it took a friend with Chinese relatives to translate the info for me.

The main valve was a priority flow control valve. Its function was to ensure the steering, which was hydrostatic (the steering wheel has no mechanical linkage to the front wheels) always had the first of the hydraulic flow before the backhoe or FEL.

In the end of the troubleshooting, a new pump was needed and to my surprise it was only $75.

The owner says it is like a new machine.

Before getting advice on what part(s) would work, how about describing what is not working as you would like it to.

This is the priority flow valve. The 6 is the flow that the steering is guaranteed to receive before anything else gets some

2wnBT83.jpg

Dave M7040