Adding rear remotes on a small tractor

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #1  

dwalk19

Gold Member
Tractor
2018 LS XG3140H TLB
Hey guys wondering if it's worth adding rear remotes on a small compact tractor, I have a 25hp LS xj2025, no a lot of room back there plus I have backhoe on at times, I wish I would be able to add the remotes and be able to add a tnt kit for a box blade but I'm just not sure it's worth the $$ and the tractor would be able to have the room for the cylinders and tractor be able to perform the work needed, I have a lot of ditch work needing to be done, and my plan was to use pto tiller to break ground up and then use bucket and maybe box blade to grade it and cut in a shallow drainage ditch

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #2  
If you have the backhoe, you already have the hard work - plumbing of hydraulic lines - completed! I'm going to move my current FEL controller valve to the back of my tractor, after replacing the FEL valve with a unit that also has a grapple control. I will likely make it removable, for space concerns; I'll see when I get everything plumbed.

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor
Ok, I wondered about that but wasn't sure how to control it, what type of tractor do you own and will be trying that on,

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #4  
Yes its worth it IMO. But you have to find room to mount a valve stack AND room to mount the couplers.

Need to decide on how many you want. And do you have to remove the 3PH to run the backhoe.

IF you added 3. Thats a 3-spool valve. I'd get at least one of the valves float, and one detent.

Take your current backhoe hoses, run the supply to the supply of your new remote valve. This valve needs to have a PB plug. The return line off the backhoe hoses needs to go to the PB. Then you need a 3rd line for the return and tee into a tank line on the tractor.

Then mount your 3 remote couplers however you wish and plumb accordingly.

Next time you want to mount the backhoe, plug the backhoe into the remote valve that has detent.

IF you have to remove the 3PH in order to use the backhoe, you could possibly downsize to 2 remotes if all you ever plan on using when the hoe is off, is a TNT.

Be prepared to spend ~$800 and a little labor.

I'm thinking I'd just need 2, mainly for box blade use, so the 2 hyd. lines (supply and return im assuming) feeding the backhoe now coud be plumbed into a new 2 spool valve set up,, is this correct and what does a typical 2 valve setup look like and cost

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #6  
I'm thinking I'd just need 2, mainly for box blade use, so the 2 hyd. lines (supply and return im assuming) feeding the backhoe now coud be plumbed into a new 2 spool valve set up,, is this correct and what does a typical 2 valve setup look like and cost

Just a suggestion. If you are willing to consider a used valve, The hydraulic valve from a BOLENS HT-20 or HT-23 is a 2 spool valve, one with float, with Power Beyond and is VERY COMPACT.
E-brat has them frequently, around $100. but I've seen them for half that.
Something to consider

AND YES small tractors need hydro taps! I'm in the midst of adding a three spool valve with hard lines front and rear to an old Kubota B7200. The power tilt snow blade needs a tap or two up front, and the York Rake needs two out back.

Having the taps on the Bolens has got me spoiled. They set the standard for hydro. if only they would have fitted a 3pt and PTO ;-)

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #7  
Yes that's how you would plumb it except you need a third line to tee into a return.

A two spool can be $200-$400. Just depends on what brand and options.

But the valve is only about half the cost. You need couplers, fittings, hoses, etc

So the third line would be a return to the reservoir your saying what would the 2 be I have now feeding the backhoe, obviously one is supply from pump I thought the other was a return,

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #9  
all Directional control valves leak internally. This leads to "case pressure" if there is not a "return to tank" line.

If your hoe has only two lines, I would look closely as to how they are configured and check mfg. literature for comparison.

/ Adding rear remotes on a small tractor #10  
ONe on the backhoe would be a supply, the other would be hooked to a power beyond (which that goes on to feed the 3PH). Then you need to add the return line.

YES, typically a backhoe setup omits the return. Because the only thing down stream of the backhoe is the 3PH, and you cant have a heavy implement on the 3PH with the backhoe on. So there is no concern of over-pressurizing the "tank" passages of the valve.