Adding another control.

/ Adding another control. #1  

currierej

Bronze Member
Tractor
Yanmar 1810D
I have a small Japanese tractor with a V-TEK V2 loader, I'm almost positive the controller is an open center controller.
I want to add another lever, it will run to a tee and back to connectors both in the back and up by the bucket. I don't plan on adding any valves to switch between front and back as I only intend to run one of the connections at a time.
If anyone is familiar with this loader, am I right to think that the fitting on the left side is the one that I would tap off of?
Also, I would want to run a closed center valve and tee the return to the return line on the right side of the loader valve.
And here's the tough one, if I wanted to run a three point log splitter, I would want to have my added valve lock open in one direction and the splitter to have an open center valve?
I'm sure someone has built this setup before, any advice would be great, thanks.

/ Adding another control. #2  
!st off you can not T the pressure line in a open center system. 2nd a gear pump well not work on a closed center system. Why do you want to use a closed center valve? The valve should be marked with In, out, bye or PB and then the work ports are marked A & B. The IN port well be on the relief valve side.

/ Adding another control.
From the existing open center valve I intend to run a single line to the closed center valve (I am under the impression that you can't have two open center valves together) the output of the new valve would be tee'd to front and rear. The return from the new valve would be tee'd with the return line.

/ Adding another control. #4  
Take a look at this drawing.

Attachments

• RD5000InstS.pdf
    222.9 KB · Views: 95
Ok, I'm pretty sure that the fitting on the left is the power beyond port, so the diagram is pretty much what I am planning.

The second drawing is exactly what I'm planning, but it shows the power beyond valve as open center and I was under the impression that it would have to be closed center.

/ Adding another control. #7  
I think you got it now. Go for it!! Without close center, all open....

I didn't consider that an open center with the pressure release set lower than the main open center is basically a closed center.