Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor

/ Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor

Hey all: I am one to be puzzled, but not one to give up. I have given up on posting photos as I have very limited computer skills, lots of time no results. To progress: Nimco informed me some time ago this valve does not have PB. I got a different shop manual a week ago that told me one should synchronize the pump linkage to the controls after pulling the transmission cover. When I attempted to do that yesterday the handle on the diverter became frozen and the pump began knocking. I am going to a MF dealer tomorrow and get the valve they sell to 135 owners and I hope that is the answer (this valve has return and supply both to the valve). The valve I installed is supply only and becomes extremely hard to move with the tractor running. I had tapped a return in the top of the transmission and it has never functioned right; I suspect the oil is in the diverter but stuck there.
I used compressed air to test the FEL valve yesterday and figured out what joystick position affects which port and actually switched two hoses from the probable wrong locations. I plan to install it and synchronize the linkage this week. I appreciate your input but if I can't get it I will probably seek a professional.
Thanks all of you.

/ Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor

It's embarrassing to still be trying to figure out this FEL. I thought I had a good chance last time and was holding back the joystick waiting for the loader arms to raise when the nest to new supply hose blew; a local hydraulics guy asked if my FEL valve was open or closed center. I do not know and was told by another mechanic that he would not be able to tell if it was taken to him so I have sent it to Nimco controls for inspection and advice. While I wait, does anyone know the hydraulic requirements of an Ezee-On Model 2060 loader? I wonder if it is simply too much for the MF 135. DSCF0227.JPG

/ Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor #43  
Sounds to me like it's simply hooked up incorrectly. Without good, detailed pics of the valves and hoses, it's difficult to say.

/ Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor #44  

The valve I installed is supply only and becomes extremely hard to move with the tractor running. I had tapped a return in the top of the transmission and it has never functioned right; I suspect the oil is in the diverter but stuck there.

Hydraulic fluid, needs to FLOW unrestricted, when it is restricted it builds up pressure. When the pressure continues to build, it has to go somewhere, in your case out the side of the hose, next time maybe out the side of the pump. In a normal open center circuit the pump is running continuously, oil is flowing into the pump on the suction side and out the pressure side and running through hoses and valves, unrestricted, and going back to the tank (transmission housing). In this circuit there is also a pressure relief, so that if the pressure in the circuit becomes too high, it relieves back to tank. This is usually located on the transmission or 3pt housing somewhere.
You have tapped oil flow to your FEL, but I haven't read the rest of the thread to see if where you have tapped is still in circuit with the relief valve. From you statement above it may not be.
It also needs an unrestricted path through the valve back to the hydraulic circuit from which it came when the joystick is centered. Then when operating the FEL valve, one side of the cylinder gets flow from the pump, the other side of the cylinder expels it's fluid back to the tank. When the cylinder comes to the end of the stroke, the pressure builds until the relief valve limits the circuit pressure by dumping to tank. That is, if the relief valve is in circuit. You have a few checks to do.
I have not read your posts, but just looked at pics, the valve you have tapped into, I suspect (and I may be wrong) that you need flow and return hose for your FEL to go here. What did you remove to install this valve, was it a plate with a channel or port connecting 2 passages on the transmission?
If it was, this diverter valve should send the oil out one port and return it to the existing circuit through the other port. The pressure side "should be protected by the relief valve" but as I said, I haven't read your posts or checked your hydraulic circuit. Post a pic of what was removed.
It's also possible that different positions may grab different feeds, possibly one without the relief circuit, but I don't know.
You will need to ensure that the FEL is plumbed correctly with unrestricted flow as noted above.
Just noticed your other pic that shows a relief built in, still for it to work hoses and valves need to be correct.

Last edited:
   / Re: Ezee On loader on MF 135 tractor #45  

Still....

Don't give up yet! Because the number of MF135 forum members is low and none posting on this thread, it is taking us all some time to understand your tractor.

It will turn out to be something simple we just have to figure out what.

I went back to your first post again.

I have a new after market May Hill diverter valve with three ports and a handle that conveniently indicate which port you have open because the handle seems to match the hydraulic oil diverter hole on the interior shaft. That to me means each of these three locations are supplies to auxillary implements. That also tells me that the return from a loader for example should be piped to one of the plugs that are in the upper part of the transmission housing on my MF 135.

Now I have it in my head that you ordered and installed the May Hill valve so you installed the pipe plug with teflon tape on it too. Is this correct?
The valve lever in your photo seems to be past the port with the plug you screwed in. Is this another position for the May Hill valve lever?

Could you easily remove the valve and then photo where is was sitting on the tractor immediately after you removed it. Also photograph the sides of the May Hill valve we have not seen in you photos.

Did the valve come with any instructions which you could post.

Did you have to remove anything in order to bolt on the May Hill valve?

In this next photo I have drawn a circle around an Allen wrench style plug in the transmission and just below the May Hill valve.

Because of its style and location it leads me to think somehow it is part of the hydraulic system.
fCnYt7U.jpg

Dave M7040
Dave m7040 iam doing the same thing on my massey 135 iseing a diverter valve and a bush hog 2246 qt loader. My loader vslve has a power beyond hose, do I run that pb hose back to tank or just plug it? since I will not be installing anything after the fel.