Hydraulic PTO Conversion

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #1  

jpmikey

Tractor
CASE 446
Hello all I'm new in here and would like to know if a gear pump @6 GPM and 2000 PSI would work as a power source for powering a PTO motor. This is for my CASE 446 Garden tractor, it is hydraulic drive and has a 3 point lift. I would like to mount a sickle bar mower and other PTO powered implements if i can find the right combonation of motor, or motor and maybe a new bigger pump. the engine is an 16hp ONAN opposed twin,

Thanks for any help
Mike M

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #2  
Mike,
It requires approx 8 HP to drive a pump producing 6 GPM @ 2000 PSI. This is based on approx 85% efficient. If you can size the motor and implements correctly it will drive them. NOTE: Expect roughly 70% efficiency on hydraulic drives Vs direct mechanical drives.

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #3  
Have you looked into the hydraulic pto kit for the case garden tractors??

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #4  
Have you looked into the hydraulic pto kit for the case garden tractors??
That is the best option for powering a hydraulic motor on the 3 point attachment. It is not mechanical, just plug the hoses in. It flows 9 gpm if I remember right.

Case PTO (1) (Medium).jpg

Case PTO (2).jpg

Case PTO.jpg

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion
I have that PTO for both of my tractors. What I want to do is mount a 6 spline output Hydraulic motor so I can power other 3 pt implements.

oldnslo,
So if I'm right i can upgrade my pump to 12 GPM and get a motor that turns about 540 to 700 RPM @ 12 GPM 2000 PSI

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #6  
I have that PTO for both of my tractors. What I want to do is mount a 6 spline output Hydraulic motor so I can power other 3 pt implements.

oldnslo,
So if I'm right i can upgrade my pump to 12 GPM and get a motor that turns about 540 to 700 RPM @ 12 GPM 2000 PSI

If you have the 9 gpm set up I would stick with it. Going to 12 gpm would not leave any headroom for other loads. Just my opinion though.

/ Hydraulic PTO Conversion #7  

oldnslo,

Yes if you have the input power available. 12 GPM @ 2000 PSI requires 16 HP @ 85% efficient.