Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond #1  

SDCouch

Tractor
Mahindra 1538 Shuttle
So, I have all the information that I think I need, but I really need some help configuring all of this. I have a Mahindra 1538 with the Power Beyond kit for a backhoe. I also have a Post Driver that has a Salami VDM8 monoblock valve. What I am trying to do is use the existing Power Beyond hookup to feed the Salami valve, but still have the 3Pt hitch operational. The VDM8 has a diagram for a Power Beyond configuration, but I really do not trust myself enough yet to get these hoses in the right ports. I know that for the PD I will need to have the return just dump into the sump - that is not a problem. I just want to run the PB through the Salami valve so that when I am not pressurizing the cylinder for the driver, I can lift the 3pt hitch and move it to the next location.

BHflow.jpgU5.jpgVDM8.jpg

The three images here are the flow for the backhoe, the port diagram for the Salami valve in general, and the diagram for configuring the valve for use with Power Beyond.

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond #2  
To connect the salami valve to the same connections that are used for the back hoe.

Pressure (red tie) on tractor to pressure on Salami

3 point line (Green line) on tractor to "P3" (power beyond) on Salami.

NOTE: You will also have to install the 1/2' plug in the Salami valve which is noted in the instructions for power beyond.

"T" port of salami direct to sump as you already noted.

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond
So to make sure I have this right (based on the pic attached of my actual valve), the 3/4" port on the side that currently has a plastic plug, that goes to the sump, the green line goes to the 1/2" P3 port right in front of it on the side, the pressure line (red line) goes to the 1/2" port on the opposite side (that is hard to see in the pic), and the 1/2" port on the top is the working port that goes to the post driver.

Also, the rest of the ports are already plugged. Are these the correct plugs to use (the ones that came in the salami already) or do I need a special, different plug?

IMG_20171013_104610000_HDR.jpg

I ask because I was a little confused by the wording "insert a dowel 1/2 NPTF threaded to interrupt the N line".

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond #4  
The 1/2" plug goes inside the valve under the "T" port plug show on the surface. Rest of your connections are correct.

Thank you for being patient and answering all my questions. Hydraulics are new for me - I know electricity. Just so that I know what I am looking for, this is the type of plug that I am looking for to plug the port (under the port cap)?

5406-hp-2.jpg

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond #6  
I suspect it will take a plug like in the picture but I would suggest removing the existing plug under the “T” port and confirming the threads / type of port in the casting.

I just wanted to thank you again for your help. This put me in the right direction. Ultimately I put the plug (like pictured above) in the bottom of T (and not TL) and put the dump line to the sump in T (and not TL). This configuration works like a charm! Now I just need to figure out some nicer fixture for hooking into the sump rather than just stuffing the hose into the filler cap. That just feels half-assed.

/ Valve Configuration Help - Post Driver and Power Beyond #8  
I just wanted to thank you again for your help. This put me in the right direction. Ultimately I put the plug (like pictured above) in the bottom of T (and not TL) and put the dump line to the sump in T (and not TL). This configuration works like a charm! Now I just need to figure out some nicer fixture for hooking into the sump rather than just stuffing the hose into the filler cap. That just feels half-assed.

You can use either the T or TL port for your tank line. They are connected inside the valve body.

If you have a front loader on your tractor you can tee the salami valve tank line into the loader valve tank line if this line is large enough

Glad you have everything working

I do have a FEL, but all the connections for that are stubbed out from the block on the right side of the body.

FEL.jpg
There is also a return line for the backhoe, but that seems too small. The dump line of the PD is 3/4 and the return line for the backhoe is 3/8. Also, the port on the back of the tractor (right above the middle linkage) looks to be 3/8 as well.