D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #21  
Bummer
That hydro filter takes up a lot of space.

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #23  
One quick thing to point out about the rear 3pt connection - in my set-up I did NOT replace the M18 to NPT adapter there like I did on the side of the loader valve. I didn't have a need to since it was in & working.

Just wanted to make sure you knew & suggest you use the M18 to 1/2" JIC there. (I would also suggest NPT to JIC on the subplate as well) JIC gives you the ability to spin/swivel the hose during install and is much cheaper than an NPT swivel fitting.

Depending on where you end up mounting the valve you might also think about using 45 or 90 deg JIC fittings on the hoses to help with routing as they can make a sharper turn than you'll ever get out of the hose itself w/o kinking it.

As to the filter question, ours got mounted to a flat plate and pointed downward in roughly the same location (maybe even a bit lower) - from how I picture yours in my mind I like yours better as it looks like it would offer much more protection from limbs, rocks, etc underneath the tractor.

Good luck and keep plugging - you'll get it worked out. :thumbsup:

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #24  
Both N2D and I have shuttle shift gear tractors so there is no orange filter for the hydrostatic transmission just the large vertical filter for all the hydraulic fluid.

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function
No wonder you guys had it easier not having that orange filter in the way. So I will document my install for those less fortunate once I pull everything together. Steve - thanks for the tip on the NPT/JIC fittings, Doing as you suggest should definitely help. I'm not in a rush so one step at a time. One thing I do need to do is think about the size and shape of the mounting plate that will give me the best room for locating the valve body..Do either of you happen to know the hole threading on top of the trans. I am talking about the 4 holes under the wiring harness in the second photo of my previous post. I'm guessing metric. Last do you know of an online source for flat aluminum stock to use as the mounting plate?
Thanks
Keith

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #26  
Both N2D and I have shuttle shift gear tractors so there is no orange filter for the hydrostatic transmission just the large vertical filter for all the hydraulic fluid.

Oops - my bad. I missed his was the hydro - I thought they did something funky with the main hydraulic filter.

Do either of you happen to know the hole threading on top of the trans. I am talking about the 4 holes under the wiring harness in the second photo of my previous post. I'm guessing metric. Last do you know of an online source for flat aluminum stock to use as the mounting plate?

Definitely metric but I don't remember what they were. I'm pretty sure the seat is still off of ours from the rear SCV install (unless Dad has found a free minute to put it back) so I will try to see this weekend if I can figure out what they are. The little voice in my head keeps saying M10X1.50 (Coarse thread) but I don't trust that guy, he's lied to me before. LOL

I've never used them but I remember someone here suggested Online Metal Store before.

OK folks one last question here. Magnakoy offers their D03 sub plate in a lot of threading options. I would like to use 1/2 in ports or equivalent. ND2Fire used swivel 90 degree fittings for his AB port. To save money I wont to order a stock unit, other wais custome makes things expensive.
Thread Type:
P6 - 3/8" NPTF Pipe
P8 - 1/2" NPTF Pipe
S6 - #6 SAE ORing
S8 - #8 SAE ORing
B6 - 3/8" BSPP British Parallel (Add $34.00)
B8 - 1/2" BSPP British Parallel (Add $34.00)
T6 - 3/8" BSPT British Taper (Add $34.00)
T8 - 1/2" BSPT British Taper (Add $34.00)
M6 - M14 x 1.5 Metric ISO 6149 (Add $34.00)
M8 - M18 X 1.5 Metric ISO 6149 (Add $34.00)

Im thinking 1/2 nptf but finding a swivel from 1/2 to 3/8 jic not out there. they do have a 1/2 ntp to 1/2 jic female swivel. I would jut need to use a 1/2 to 3/8 jic transition for the A-B fittings to get to the 3/8 jic hose.Im just wondering how tough it is going to be with the 1/2 NPT to get the 90 to line up. I could go #8 SAE o-ring, but then need to worry about seals. Discount hydraulics has fittings for just about any way I want to go. Ill also ask my local hydraulic shop as I am looking at coming up and over the 4wd bracket with the hose, so possibly a hard line fitting and bend may work best to clear. Lastly it was recommended to go aluminum on the subplate - its rated at 3000PSI. Will there be a corrosion issue using steel fittings? They do have a steel subplate rated at 5000 psi that would solve this issue if there is one.

Thanks everyone

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #28  
If you're concerned with flow why 3/8 hose? I thought that 1/2 was called for 10gpm and up. Wouldn't matter for the lines to the grapple but I'd think you'd want it for the P and T lines to maintain pressure and flow to the backhoe.

Sorry for the confusion. The list I posted is all the sizes they can make the D03 sub plate in. Stock is all ports are the same size. It get expensive to have custom made. So I can get the D03 plate with A-B and P-T in 1/2" (P8) or (S8) etc. I need at least the 1/2" for the P-T side. I can use 3/8 hoses for the A-B to run the grapple as you mention. Right now I use the 3/8 from the rear remotes and I might be able to use the same hoses. So if I go all 1/2 NPTF I will need to adapt down to say 3/8 JIC for the A-B side

The intent of my question is which port threading gives me the best selection of fittings that are more leak proof at the block.

Hopefully this makes things clear.

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #30  
The intent of my question is which port threading gives me the best selection of fittings that are more leak proof at the block.

ORB would be my first choice. NPT would be my absolute LAST choice. They should be outlawed for hydraulic uses :)