D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #31  
"They should be outlawed for hydraulic uses"

Kenny, I KNEW there was a reason I thought I liked you :drink: ...Steve

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function
As I am a bit backwards in my fitting knowledge :confused3::mur: you are saying I should go with the S8 - #8 SAE ORing ?

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #33  
Yes, I certainly would - here are some of the options if you START with ORB (O-Ring Boss)

SAE Straight Thread O-Ring (ORB) Hydraulic Fittings

Notice that you have THREE different ORB-to-JIC elbow length options - The LL version will swivel OVER THE TOP of the short version if necessary, so you can "stack" a pair of hoses if that makes things easier; plus you can aim fittings ANY direction you need without worrying whether they're tight enough not to leak.

With NPT, you SHOULD replace fittings every time you take 'em apart and put 'em back together - this, because those threads are DESIGNED to deform when installed, it's what helps 'em seal.

All that's why I really WASN'T kidding earlier... Steve

Its amazing what I have learned here. D03 subplate with #8 SAE ORing it is.
Now to go back out and pull the seat again to measure my mounting plate location/size and figure out what type fitting I should use.

Is there someplace that gives the fitting dimensions? I guess I can call Monday.

But first I am being required to finish making and caning our pasta sauce for this years tomato crop before they rot:smiley_aafz::mur::D

/ D03 or D05 subplate and valve - Murphy proofing my 3rd function #35  
This

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf

will give you both male and female thread sizes but NOT other dimensions), and if you wanna "ball park" things (before monday), you can get close by using that pdf chart, zooming in on DHH's picture of a particular fitting, and "SWAGing" as in, ScientificWildAzzGuess -

IOW, you know from the chart what the thread size OD is, use THAT info to "calibrate" your eye (a plastic ruler with mm on one side, held up to the screen helps) then, once you know that (I.E.) the part is 25mm across the threads, if the height of the part is TWICE that big then it's about 2" tall -

I actually GET that desperate sometimes, I'm "on a roll" and want to DO THIS THANG NOW (typically at 2am on a saturday :rolleyes:

Of course, if you still have a tiny bit of sanity left there's always Monday :laughing: ... Steve

Oh, the OTHER option - there's a fair chance I already HAVE the parts you might be interested in, so if desperation WINS, ask and I'll get you some measurements, maybe even a pic or three...

Sanity - what sanity :eek::shocked::confused2:

Just so you know how may day went - got under the house in the tight crawl space to put some jars away and noticed a big wet spot in the dirt about 3/4 the way under the house. You guessed it - found a pin hole leak in a 1/2 stub pipe. So had to make a run to HD to get a better touch with map gas, some correct soder and flux and a end cap. Got it fixed and went back to pealing tomatoes (2 gallons worth this time fully seeded). Time for a cold one.

Monday will be fine. In no rush right now. I really need to get the valve and D03 plate to see where it will fit first then measure on the fittings. I am hoping I can go from the T port directly the the 3pt fitting and not need a clover leaf. I found a hydraulics shop in Farmington MN that can do hard lines and hard line hose combinations they can make up. Thinking of that combination to go up and over the 4WD lever so hoses don't rub. Ill haft to borrow so welding rod and mock up the bends. Good thing I mocked up the other valve. Too bad I spaced out getting dimensions for the mounting plate:mur:

Thanks everyone for the help.