flat face couplers

/ flat face couplers
Mopardude, thanks for the link. I've been searching for an on line seller without luck. How's the tractor working out?

Call me a weenie if you want but I don't like how the regular ag couplers drool oil when you uncouple them. It's not going to lower the fluid level it's just messy. With most of the connectors it's not a big deal as I don't unplug them often but I expect I'll go back and forth between grapple and bucket a lot so I'll be using that one set of connectors on the loader often. For a few tens of $ more than connect under pressure ag couplers I can reduce the mess.

demo: Hooking and unhooking hydraulic hoses under pressure for Ku - YouTube

/ flat face couplers #12  
Mopardude, thanks for the link. I've been searching for an on line seller without luck. How's the tractor working out?

Call me a weenie if you want but I don't like how the regular ag couplers drool oil when you uncouple them. It's not going to lower the fluid level it's just messy. With most of the connectors it's not a big deal as I don't unplug them often but I expect I'll go back and forth between grapple and bucket a lot so I'll be using that one set of connectors on the loader often. For a few tens of $ more than connect under pressure ag couplers I can reduce the mess.

demo: Hooking and unhooking hydraulic hoses under pressure for Ku - YouTube

Well, I got injured last month on a motorbike, so I haven't been on it too much. So far I have about 10 hours on it. I have the GearMore 4G4-84 hydraulic box scraper with top-n-tilt. It weighs about 1400 lbs. In that short time I learned that the GearMore Top-n-Tilt kit is somewhat generic, and I'm not getting full range of motion out of the box blade, so I bit the bullet and ordered a Fit-Rite kit from MtViewRanch. Should be here in a couple more months. Its already been a month. lol

The LandPride 48" forks sure proved to be very useful. I'm glad I listened to everyone, I didn't think I had a need for forks, They are on more than the bucket! A luxury I would like to have is hydraulic sliding tines. lol.

The other thing I bought was a McMillen X1475 hydraulic auger, I was doubtful at first and didn't think it would perform well in the tough ground where I live but man, it goes right in no problem! Having down force and able to reverse is a huge help I'm sure.

I'm now looking to order a grapple from EA. I do have quite a few trees to trim up and it would really help to grab all that brush in one go! I normally tie a rope around the base and drag it with my quad to the burn pile.

I also really want a heavy land plane grading scraper.

I switched to the 1/2" FF couplers because I was told they flow a little bit more and that would help the hydraulic auger. So far they work for me. I also notice much less oil when uncoupled... I guess some people like them, some people hate them, which is okay too.

/ flat face couplers #13  
Didn't know they made such a thing. I'll have to investigate that.

I'm very conscious about connecting/disconnecting. Temperature change is the one element most hard to control.
I just became aware of this issue of having a tough time connecting up to a grapple or other tool.

I came across these, I under stand they are around 50 bucks each at least that was what told I just have to double check my existing for the correct size I need.

http://holmbury.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/05/HCP-Series-v1b-HBI.pdf

Flat Face

/ flat face couplers #14  
I just became aware of this issue of having a tough time connecting up to a grapple or other tool.

I came across these, I under stand they are around 50 bucks each at least that was what told I just have to double check my existing for the correct size I need.

http://holmbury.com/us/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/2017/05/HCP-Series-v1b-HBI.pdf

Flat Face

I was thinking of trying the Holmbury product but was turned off by the price. I'm also concerned about being able to get additional couplers when I add implements in the future. Instead, I swapped out my flat faced couplers with the cheaper Pioneer 2 way style. I installed Pioneer female breakaway type couplers on my tractors which can, if necessary, be pulled apart when not completely depressurized. The male half on the implement hose end can be depressurized by rapping the ball valve end on the side of the implement. For my frequently used implements, I made up a few of these:

P1060520a.jpg

It makes it easy to bleed off oil into a container to relieve pressure. Althoug more expensive, the same idea can be used with flat faced couplers if desired.

/ flat face couplers #15  
I was thinking of trying the Holmbury product but was turned off by the price.

I like you manifold with the bleed off. I haven't locked in prices yet from Holmbury I will let you know once I get a quote

/ flat face couplers #16  
On the "supposed" connect under pressure couplers, do both sides have to be of this style?
And do these special couplers work when the implement is under pressure as well as the tractor?

I have my doubts.

/ flat face couplers #17  
I was thinking of trying the Holmbury product but was turned off by the price. I'm also concerned about being able to get additional couplers when I add implements in the future. Instead, I swapped out my flat faced couplers with the cheaper Pioneer 2 way style. I installed Pioneer female breakaway type couplers on my tractors which can, if necessary, be pulled apart when not completely depressurized. The male half on the implement hose end can be depressurized by rapping the ball valve end on the side of the implement. For my frequently used implements, I made up a few of these:

View attachment 531053

It makes it easy to bleed off oil into a container to relieve pressure. Althoug more expensive, the same idea can be used with flat faced couplers if desired.

I just bit the bullet and bought a set of couplers from my Supplier Holmbury HCP Series male for $44.14 the (regular coupling is 23.45 less) with Female coupling for 37.24 bucks

/ flat face couplers
I got some of the flat face couplers mopardude recommeneded. They shipped a female and two males then a few days later the other female. That one's a stucci made in italy, the other parts are made in china. The Stucci to china pair weeps a little, the china to china pair is dry. I bet like a lot of standards there's "meets the standard" and then there's internal company tolerances which may be tighter.

I don't know how well they handle connecting under pressure- I haven't tried taking them apart yet, still playing with the grapple.

For anyone following this who like me is not that familiar with hydraulic couplers, the flat face couplers are a lot larger than the same size ag couplers. Diameter, length and weight. I kinda thought they would be bigger but they're a lot larger than I expected.

/ flat face couplers #19  
On the "supposed" connect under pressure couplers, do both sides have to be of this style?
And do these special couplers work when the implement is under pressure as well as the tractor?

I have my doubts.

"do both sides have to be of this style? "NO Just the male coupling. And do these special couplers work when the implement is under pressure as well as the tractor? NO .

Female half must have zero pressure when connecting male half under pressure. Wouldn't you be able to remove zero you pressure on the tractor side. I needed a set of flush faced couplers, so I chose to pay an extra 29 bucks for the Holmbury’s HCP Series male couplers. I will let you know how I like it but with winter coming one I proable won't know tell end of next summer.

/ flat face couplers #20  
I got some of the flat face couplers mopardude recommeneded. They shipped a female and two males then a few days later the other female. That one's a stucci made in italy, the other parts are made in china. The Stucci to china pair weeps a little, the china to china pair is dry. I bet like a lot of standards there's "meets the standard" and then there's internal company tolerances which may be tighter.

I don't know how well they handle connecting under pressure- I haven't tried taking them apart yet, still playing with the grapple.

For anyone following this who like me is not that familiar with hydraulic couplers, the flat face couplers are a lot larger than the same size ag couplers. Diameter, length and weight. I kinda thought they would be bigger but they're a lot larger than I expected.

I ordered one set of those...They did not work well for me. They leaked under pressure right from the get go, as I was using my grapple. I was pretty upset that they both were made in china, considering I paid about 90 bucks for the set to my door.

I ordered a standard set of Holmbury, not the connect under pressure male end they have. I think the quality of the holmbury brand of flat face couplers are better than most others.

Next I will try the connect under pressure male end they offer with the built in pressure release chamber.