front mount hydraulic pump

/ front mount hydraulic pump #1  

alby

Tractor
ford jubilee
Hi, I've got a 53 Jubilee with a Superior front end loader & front mount pump. It works good except the shaft seal is shot & I can't find anything on the pump as to manufacturer. I've looked everywhere online & can't find any pictures of it. I'm enclosing a picture & hope somebody can identify this pump. Thanks for any help 100_0966.JPG100_0967.JPG

/ front mount hydraulic pump #2  
Measure the mounting points, then get on Surpluscenter.com and confirm what style mount it is. Looks like SAE Type A to me, a lot of older machines (mine included) use this type mount.

Any pump that flows around 12gpm will be sufficient for that loader. When you check pump capacity, make sure you look for full flow at your rated PTO rpm or a bit less.

Example: a 12gpm pump that reaches full flow at 3500rpm is useless on your machine because you're always well below that RPM.

As for repairing your current pump, you may not be able to find parts.

/ front mount hydraulic pump
Thanks for the info., we'll give it a try

Thanks, I'll check it out

/ front mount hydraulic pump #6  
I did a little more poking around too, search pictures of for different brand pumps to see if any match yours. Cessna, Eaton, Vickers, and I believe Barnes all made/make pumps like that.

Good find, mudd! I'd give that a whirl for less than $10 before anything else.

Just wanted to update on this discussion in case anybody has the same pump. It is a Wagner pump, I got the shaft seal out, cross referenced the # on it & found out after all the searching that Napa had the seal (#7512) for $7.99 ! Turned out to be a cheap fix!!