Tractor
    Mahindra 4110

Default Jerking Hydraulics

I recently changed the hydro filters in my 2002 4110. I had water in the system and hydraulics had completely failed. Everything worked ok for a bit, but now everthing is jerking, steering, loader, backhoe. When I disconnect the main quick connect the fluid is white and dirty. The butterfly valve on the front side of the hydro pump releases clean fluid. I知 thinking that I need to purge the rest of the old fluid. Any ideas on 5he best way to do that.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M7040 Nuffield 465

Default Re: Jerking Hydraulics

Quote Originally Posted by carljack View Post
    I recently changed the hydro filters in my 2002 4110. I had water in the system and hydraulics had completely failed. Everything worked ok for a bit, but now everthing is jerking, steering, loader, backhoe. When I disconnect the main quick connect the fluid is white and dirty. The butterfly valve on the front side of the hydro pump releases clean fluid. IŸ thinking that I need to purge the rest of the old fluid. Any ideas on 5he best way to do that.
    Clearly you did not get all the pockets of contamination drained out of the reservoir, cylinder and valves. You need to start again even if it means throwing away hydraulic fluid.

You will have the specified capacity of the hydraulic reservoir.

Buy an oil extraction pump from Amazon or locally.

Amazon.com: Performance Tool W5417 12V Oil Extraction Pump for Automotive, Farm & Marina Use: Automotive

Use this pump to remove all the reservoir/transmission fluid. Compare the amount removed to the specified volume to see if you have gotten all the fluid.

Add a cheap universal hydraulic oil, then purge the system by removing hoses at the pump outlet, control valves and cylinders and dumping fluid into a bucket for disposal.

When convinced you have thoroughly cleaned your system, then replace the filter and refill with quality hydraulic oil.

It is messy and time consuming but if you continue as you are now, expect expensive repairs.

Dave M7040

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4240, B7800 & BX2660

Default Re: Jerking Hydraulics

Clean the pickup screen before you refill, if it has one.