chief p-80 single spool help

/ chief p-80 single spool help #1  

Ricard

Tractor
mitsubishi
Hello everyone

I am hoping someone can help with this seemingly over my head issue. I just purchased a chief p-80 series valve for a brush grapple I have just made.

1. It has the T port blocked off from factory and says this is correct for double acting cylinder use, is this correct
2. It has a N port right next to the t port. can this port be used for return to tank? and what is the N port?
3. can I safely tap into a return line coming from the loader valve already in use? not at the valve but 5' away before it returns into the tank, figured if is so I will just put a Tee in this line and tap into it.

tractor is a Mitsubishi 3250 FD with the V3 loader already added. Thank you in advance for any help on this?

/ chief p-80 single spool help #2  
You don't want to tee into a line. You want full pressure and flow from the power beyond port on the loader to go to your valve. Your valve's power beyond then goes to where the loader's PB went, to run the 3pt. Some loader valves have both a tank and a PB port. Flow only goes to the tank port when the loader valve's in operation. The rest of the time it goes to PB.

/ chief p-80 single spool help #3  
Do you have a link to the "chief p-80 series valve" to see what you got.

Also, can you post photos of the FEL valve that is on the tractor? How many hoses are connected to it? 4 for the loader functions, then are there 2 or 3 hose after that?

/ chief p-80 single spool help #4  
Hello everyone

I am hoping someone can help with this seemingly over my head issue. I just purchased a chief p-80 series valve for a brush grapple I have just made.

1. It has the T port blocked off from factory and says this is correct for double acting cylinder use, is this correct
2. It has a N port right next to the t port. can this port be used for return to tank? and what is the N port?
3. can I safely tap into a return line coming from the loader valve already in use? not at the valve but 5' away before it returns into the tank, figured if is so I will just put a Tee in this line and tap into it.

tractor is a Mitsubishi 3250 FD with the V3 loader already added. Thank you in advance for any help on this?

1) This depends on the valve is designed but most valves require the "T" port be directly connected to tank.
2) Not sure what the "N" port is. I found one website that shows this as the power beyond circuit so if there is a connection between the "T" & "N" then yes you could use this as the tank port. Some valve have the option of installing a plug that isolates the Power beyond from the tank. This valve may have that option.
3) Yes you can tee the tank lines together. You can NOT just tee into the pressure line though.

/ chief p-80 single spool help #5  
No data to be had on Google...gotta love that.

You can Tee the low pressure return line from the loader, but the IN to the valve must be connected to the PB of the loader valve, and PB of this new valve (it DOES have the PB plug option right?) connected to where ever the PB line from the loader is-that feeds the 3PH. The T or OUT port gets connected to the tank (and like I write can be Tee's with the loader valve). No idea what "N" means.

All this is assuming you have 7 lines connected to the FEL valve (IN, OUT or T, and PB/BYd plus the four work ports).

/ chief p-80 single spool help
IMG_3203.JPGIMG_3204.JPGIMG_3205.JPGIMG_3209.JPGIMG_3210.JPGIMG_3211.JPG

Sorry guys I wasn't sure how to post these.
Top left is a valve that's just in front of the seat between my knees on the tranny housing. It has a couple plugged ports. My Fel valve as you can see has 4 working ports, power or supply line is just under the p letter. Return line is on the outside of the valve with the 90 degree fitting pointing down. If you look close you can see a plugged port bottom left of valve and a plugged port right side of valve located just above the supply (p) on the side of valve opposite side of return. Thank you

IMG_3207.JPGIMG_3208.JPGIMG_3212.JPGIMG_3207.JPGIMG_3208.JPGIMG_3212.JPG

/ chief p-80 single spool help #9  
Found this on a other Tractor by net post.

Here you go:

T = Tank port (return going back to the sump)

P = Pressure inlet from the pump

N = power beyond outlet to the Next valve

Connecting these lines incorrectly may cause a pump failure so be carefull.

Thank you! b7610hsd. can anyone tell if the FEL valve has a PB that I could hook the new valve to?