Will this valve work for Rear remotes

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #1  

davisgary2

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3560HSTC
I have a Kubota L 3560HSTC. Rear remotes are in my future how soon not sure. I found this valve which looks like it would add 4 remotes.

Hydraulic Monoblock Solenoid Control Valve, 4 Spool, 13 GPM, 12V DC

I have the rear hydraulics for the backhoe which has to be looped back in when the backhoe is not connected. Could I run that line through this valve and end up with four rear remotes. Remotes would be used for TNT. possibly angle on scraper blade etc.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #2  
That should work as long as your tractor has a flow of less than 13gpm.
Note that per the description, the 4th valve is setup as a motor spool valve.
As such when the valve is "off" the two ports are connected together. It should not be used for a cylinder that you want to have stay put.
It is designed be used for a motor so that when you shut it off, it can slowly spin down (rather than slamming to a stop).

Aaron Z

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #3  
NO.

Two reasons.....

First.....A and B ports are open to tank when in neutral. (typical open center valve). What you want is technically called a tandem center valve.....where A and B are isolated when in neutral.

Opening a and B to tank when in neutral wont hold a cylinder in position when not on the lever. So you could use the valve to raise the wheels of a transport implement.....but as soon as you let off the valve.....the gravity would lower the implement back down. Same thing with a Top N tilt. No load holding at all.

Second reason.....No power beyond option. Which is typically of solenoid type valves. They normally use a high pressure rated tank port to feed downstream. Usually with remotes the 3PH is still fed AFT the remotes. Usually Via power beyond with a manual valve. Given the tank port on that valve is only rated for 725psi.....that would be a no go for feeding the 3PH.

And third (I know I only said 2 reasons).....I wouldnt want a solenoid valve for remotes. Because there is NO feathering. The valve is either on or off. So making minor adjustments to a top N tilt, or hydraulic rippers on a box blade, or whatever.......forget it

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #4  
The way I read the spec. I took it the D port work ports are open to tank? Power Beyond (conversion plug required.} But Where would you put that many switches on a joy stick to give you control over each one? I would just put in a 4 spool valve and set up the way you want it.

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #5  
Probably wouldn't use a joy stick to mount the switches for remotes, would you? Just asking.

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #6  
If asking me I would not.

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #7  
The way I read the spec. I took it the D port work ports are open to tank? Power Beyond (conversion plug required.} But Where would you put that many switches on a joy stick to give you control over each one? I would just put in a 4 spool valve and set up the way you want it.
As I read the description, valves A, B & C are normal, its only valve D that is a motor spool valve.
Also, per the description, it is power beyond capable with an adapter.

Aaron Z

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #8  
I overlooked the power beyond. So disregard that part of my previous post.

But the fact still remains that its a true open center and not a tandem center. At least thats how I read it.

I'd call and get more clarification from the MFG or seller.

Because in once sentence it says spood D is motor spool used for non-load holding situations like motors or horizontal cylinders.
But the next sentence leads me to believe that ALL spools are that way.

Id want clarification before shelling out $500+

IF spools 1-3 are indeed tandem center.....then yes the valve will work.

But personally.....I would want a manual valve for control (feathering ability)

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes #9  
2 Volt DC Solenoids

Probably should read "12 volt"?

/ Will this valve work for Rear remotes
Thanks for all the replies. I will send them an e-mail and try to get more information.

As far as switches my thought would be to have a little switch panel where the factory remotes would go not on the joystick.

The remotes would work similar to my third function remote. I agree with LD1 that it would be harder to feather, but my third function seems to work OK for my snowplow and for about $3000. less than factory remotes might be doable.

I will send then a message now and see what their response is.

Thanks again for the input.