$100 Hydraulic Top Link

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link
Thank you all for the input. It's great to have a place to receive objective feedback from folks that have experience. I took some measurements and it looks like the 20"-28" is well within my required operating range.

I'm going to go ahead and order one and I'll report back once I get it installed. Thanks again for all the advise.

Dustin

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #12  
We appreciate the follow up Dustin!!!

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #13  
I did a little more reading and it looks like they are made by Agmate. There's also a 3" version available for $140. I attached the product doc as well.

Has anyone had experience with these units?

From their doc
ASAE is the American Society of Agricultral Engineers.
Might just show the level of their quality control.

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #14  
I was going to get one of those this summer, but with the exchange rate, and having to pick it up stateside, I got one custom made by the company that makes cylinders for Wallenstein. I got it made bigger and to my exact length I wanted. It was surprisingly cheap and done in a couple of days.

DSC04572.JPG

I believe it was $180.00 CDN. I picked it up.

Last edited:
   / $100 Hydraulic Top Link #15  
I think you build top notch top links and value your opinion. However, for $170 to my door plus hoses and have it going in less than a week it痴 very tempting. How many weeks lead time are you at now? I would think you壇 get slammed this time of year. Where are you on price for one turn key for my 5100e? Only use it for my box blade

Brett

The whole point of my post was that these generic top links typically are not the ideal working length for these poster's tractors. I always try to get at a minimum of 3" of stroke in each direction. Others do not, in fact I have seen where with the top link fully retracted a box blade would only be level, zero front tilt ability. Is that what you want and have to deal with? A box blade sure doesn't work very well set up like that if you are trying to make a cut.

If you get one that is 22" collapsed, I doubt that you will be very happy with it and the performance that you will get from it. I hope I'm wrong. Plus you will have to grind the tractor end down from 2" to 1 3/4". Not a big deal, but it will need to get done just to get it installed on your tractor, and then it is no longer returnable if you are not satisfied with the working length.

As far as my lead times, I started 2017 at 10-12 weeks. I'm currently running at 17-19 weeks, at last count had over 112 orders to work on. I can't give you a total cost, I have no idea where you live other than Texas. So it is impossible for me to get you an accurate delivery cost, $50-$60?

But a 3" top link with the correct width tractor end (1 3/4" wide) and LARGE cat 2 ends at that, (There are many different actual sizes of cat 2 ball swivel ends on the market.) hose kit and flow restrictors would be $495 + shipping costs.

You typically get what you pay for, if-when the low $$$ stuff works out, then the consumer comes out ahead, :thumbsup: if not then not so much. :(

I hope that it works out for all of you. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2302.JPG
    IMG_2302.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 548
   / $100 Hydraulic Top Link #16  
Brian, I say this with love, there's no way I'd wait 4 months for a hydraulic cylinder!!!! :confused2:

I'm glad your business is continuing to grow!!!! It's went wayyyy beyond what I thought it would. That's an indicator of two things, quality and availability. :thumbsup:

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #17  
Brian, I say this with love, there's no way I'd wait 4 months for a hydraulic cylinder!!!! :confused2:

I'm glad your business is continuing to grow!!!! It's went wayyyy beyond what I thought it would. That's an indicator of two things, quality and availability. :thumbsup:

I agree about the lead times, they suck. Fortunately for me, my customers are not like you and ARE willing to wait. Every customer knows the lead times when I quote them, no surprises. A lot of people want me to hire help, problem is that entails a whole set of problems in itself that at this point in my life I have chosen to not deal with those issues.

I provide an excellent product at a fair price and build what people need, not "here it is, hope it works for you" type of thing. The other plus for my customers is that I build pretty much every top link from a cat 0 12hp garden tractor to cat 4 600HP Articulated AG machine. No one and I mean no one else provides the range of these products that I do.

For a lot of this stuff, it simply is not mass produced, so you can build it yourself, get a local shop to do it or have me do it. The advantage for me, is I'm set up for this and typically have all the required parts in stock. :thumbsup:

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #18  
An old deceased friend who ran a service station back in the 50s said the day he hired someone is the day he stopped making money. Can that be any more true today?

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #19  
I agree about the lead times, they suck. Fortunately for me, my customers are not like you and ARE willing to wait. Every customer knows the lead times when I quote them, no surprises. A lot of people want me to hire help, problem is that entails a whole set of problems in itself that at this point in my life I have chosen to not deal with those issues.

I provide an excellent product at a fair price and build what people need, not "here it is, hope it works for you" type of thing. The other plus for my customers is that I build pretty much every top link from a cat 0 12hp garden tractor to cat 4 600HP Articulated AG machine. No one and I mean no one else provides the range of these products that I do.

For a lot of this stuff, it simply is not mass produced, so you can build it yourself, get a local shop to do it or have me do it. The advantage for me, is I'm set up for this and typically have all the required parts in stock. :thumbsup:

Again, I say this with love. If this wait time continues long enough your competition will show up.

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #20  
[snip]

Brian, to say nothing of (1) your knowledge of particular tractor brand and model issues (2) your personal service before and after the sale, and (3) your willingness to share your expertise with folks who may not even have ordered from you. I'm a case in point. You helped me with the right flow restrictors and couplers even though I'd sourced my top and side links from two different vendors. I'm not surprised that your business has grown so much.