$100 Hydraulic Top Link

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #1  

huffman102833

Tractor
New Holland Boomer 41
I'm looking to add a hydraulic top link and noticed that ASC sells one for $100.00. Has anyone had experience with this unit? Seems like it's quite a bit less than any others I've found but I don't want to end up with something that is going to leak.

Here's a link: Hydraulic Top Link-Tractor3 point| Agri Supply 9599

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link
I did a little more reading and it looks like they are made by Agmate. There's also a 3" version available for $140. I attached the product doc as well.

Has anyone had experience with these units?

Attachments

• Grizzyly_Cylinder.pdf
    4 MB · Views: 678
Last edited:
   / $100 Hydraulic Top Link #3  
I did a little more reading and it looks like they are made by "Grizzly". There's also a 3" version available for $140. I attached the product doc as well.

Has anyone had experience with these units?

Man that’s a good find. Might pick up a cat 2 one. 8” of stroke should be good for me but I’ll measure my pins before I commit

Brett

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link
The ASC pic looks like there isn't much clearance from the base to the eye but the pic in the brochure shows it with an extension. I may call to make sure.
Grizzly_Ad.jpg
I suppose another option would be a knuckle end but I can't seem to find a source in the US.
knuckle_end.jpg

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #5  
The ASC pic looks like there isn't much clearance from the base to the eye but the pic in the brochure shows it with an extension. I may call to make sure.
View attachment 534089
I suppose another option would be a knuckle end but I can't seem to find a source in the US.
View attachment 534090

I just built one (for a minimum savings) but got a much longer stroke. The knuckle is simple to build if you have the right stuff on hand.

DSCN7324.JPG
DSCN7325.JPG

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #6  
I just installed one yesterday. It seems to be pretty good quality for the money. I haven't used it yet other than cycling it in and out a bit to test for leaks and purge air out the system. It moved my 750 lb snowblower without any issues or leaks. I don't have any clearance issues with it in the stock configuration. The top link I received was the one show on the the webpage not the one in the brochure.

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #7  
You guys need to check to see what working length you actually need if you are concerned about actually using your implements to their fullest capacity, and if you are concerned about being able to use all of your pin locations on the tractor.

Typically I would supply a boomer with a 17"-23" working length. This gets you about 3" of travel in each direction with the implement in the front-back level position. This also gets you the ability to use all 3 pin locations.

The JD 5000E models take a 19 1/4"- 27 1/4". Same sort of scenario although this gets you just a bit more retraction than extension.

If getting the maximum working capability is not important, than these generic top links are a GREAT deal.

I believe that in general, you will find these particular units a bit long in the fully retracted position.

Good luck to you all. :thumbsup:

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #8  
I just built one (for a minimum savings) but got a much longer stroke. The knuckle is simple to build if you have the right stuff on hand.

Nice build Eric!!!! As my Dad would say "Just like the kind you buy". :)

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #9  
You guys need to check to see what working length you actually need if you are concerned about actually using your implements to their fullest capacity, and if you are concerned about being able to use all of your pin locations on the tractor.

Typically I would supply a boomer with a 17"-23" working length. This gets you about 3" of travel in each direction with the implement in the front-back level position. This also gets you the ability to use all 3 pin locations.

The JD 5000E models take a 19 1/4"- 27 1/4". Same sort of scenario although this gets you just a bit more retraction than extension.

If getting the maximum working capability is not important, than these generic top links are a GREAT deal.

I believe that in general, you will find these particular units a bit long in the fully retracted position.

Well stated Brian!!!

And if you can't find the data you are looking for then attach an implement such as a BB or Rear Blade and adjust your manual top link to the ranges you expect with the top link and take some measurements.

/ $100 Hydraulic Top Link #10  

I think you build top notch top links and value your opinion. However, for $170 to my door plus hoses and have it going in less than a week it’s very tempting. How many weeks lead time are you at now? I would think you’d get slammed this time of year. Where are you on price for one turn key for my 5100e? Only use it for my box blade

Brett