Need help identifying/sourcing correct hydraulic couplers/fitting for new flail mower

/ Need help identifying/sourcing correct hydraulic couplers/fitting for new flail mower #1  

tommott77

Silver Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1430 Deutz, Kubota bx1880, CAT 301.7D mini ex
Hi all,

I have a Woodmaxx hydraulic shift flail mower being delivered this week, courtesy of my super awesome girlfriend as a 40th b'day/xmas present. I have a John Deere 3025e and plan to run the mower hydraulics off my loader control. I have to next to no knowledge on hydraulic fittings and am trying to ascertain what type of fitting and lines I need to hook everything up properly and where to source everything.

The Woodmaxx site states that the mower has 1/2-14 NPTF threads on the hydraulics of the mower. My 3025e had an optional quick park loader kit installed at the dealer and has what appears to be the same couplers as my previous John Deere 1023 had, but I'm not certain. The female fitting on my loader hydraulics are stamped 'NV14-38 saef 14-E0'. I'm also including a picture of it below.

Can anybody help me out with what fitting/couplers I need on the new lines to make everything work and where to get everything? I probably need both lines to be around 6' or so and would like 90 degree angled female couplers on the tractor side of the lines.

Attachments

• 2EA2AA4F-2B86-4A2B-9E8C-627C82557425.jpeg
    2EA2AA4F-2B86-4A2B-9E8C-627C82557425.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 143
   / Need help identifying/sourcing correct hydraulic couplers/fitting for new flail mower #2  
Your loader couplers are 1/4 ISO 5675 "AG" style w/poppet with a 3/8" SAE thread (but that part is irrelevant to you now).

We sell them on our website with 1/4" NPT threads. Yes they are the same as your previous 1023E.

/ Need help identifying/sourcing correct hydraulic couplers/fitting for new flail mower #3  
Info about fittings: http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/downloadables/thread_guide.pdf
Scale pics of quick connects: https://www.discounthydraulichose.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/download.gif
1/2" AG couplers are the most common. 1/4" often cost more.

NPT threads suck for hydraulics but that's what commonly available quick connects use (see my thread about NPT in the hydraulics section). I recommend buying fittings to adapt the NPT on the couplers to JIC and use female JIC for the hoses if you have to buy hoses. I used an old garden hose to mock up where I wanted my hydraulic hoses to go. It's about the same stiffness and the old crappy hose that I was throwing away doesn't bend easily. You may want restrictors to keep the mower from moving too fast.