Loader Bucket Breakout Force

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #11  
.....that's great.....but what's the rod diameters? Because you are retracting to curl

^^What he said. Net area = cylinder bore area minus the area of the rod.

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force
First, curl force and breakout are different.

Second.....yes all bets are off on possibly destroying something, or overloading front axle if you increase cylinder diameter.

The holes you picture I wouldn't use. They might just tear right out too, with no pin-boss for support.

The MX uses bar linkages for dumping. This is to increase the range of travel. And yes, curl is a bit weaker as a result.

My l3400 had cylinders directly coupled to bucket....alot stronger curl in relation.

Your cylinders that are 10" longer.....it's possible you could do away with the bar linkage and couple direct to bucket (ssqa adapter).

And also.....if the cylinders you already have and want to use are 1/2" bigger bore.....that's great.....but what's the rod diameters? Because you are retracting to curl

Yes, you are correct. Technically, breakout force is the total lift generated by both curl and lift cylinders. Adding curl force does however increase total breakout force.

The cylinder rod diameters are the same and I planned to weld pin bosses to the FEL arms.

I'll have to look at removing the bar linkage. Thanks for the information.

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #13  
Still not technically correct about breakout. But doesn't matter.

Step one should be verifying pressure. A mild 200-300 psi difference is gonna make things noticably stronger. And a whole lot less work

Still not technically correct about breakout. But doesn't matter.

Step one should be verifying pressure. A mild 200-300 psi difference is gonna make things noticably stronger. And a whole lot less work

It's easy enough to check the pressure but how do you adjust it on newer tractors. My older Kubotas had an adjustable spring loaded bypass on the FEL valve. Newer models appear to have fixed non adjustable bypass valves. I suppose you could dismantle the valve body and shim the spring with a washer. Anyone know of a trick on how to do this?

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #15  
...I suppose you could dismantle the valve body and shim the spring with a washer. Anyone know of a trick on how to do this?
It looks like my Standard L... sure not in the same location. You can look up parts for your tractor here:Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List You can even buy shims from your dealer. Only thing I had to do was tighten mine. Check that first... Definitely get a gauge to see before and after readings.

First is the parts diagram for your tractor... next is my L2800 location.

View attachment 536315

(Need to find my photo, be right back....)

It looks like my Standard L... sure not in the same location. You can look up parts for your tractor here:Kubota Tractor Corporation - Illustrated Parts List You can even buy shims from your dealer. Only thing I had to do was tighten mine. Check that first... Definitely get a gauge to see before and after readings.

First is the parts diagram for your tractor... next is my L2800 location.

View attachment 536315

(Need to find my photo, be right back....)

Your pic is similar to both the L6060 HST and MX5800 HST. I'll have to pull the protective cover off the L6060 to get a pic but the Hyd block on the MX5800 looks like this:

Side view P1060591a.jpg Bottom view P1060594a.jpg

I'm primarily concerned with the MX since it's the tractor I use to do most of my earthwork. The bolt shown looks to be the adjustment point. I'll play with it a bit and see if I can boost the breakout enough do without the cylinder swap.

Thanks for the information!

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #17  
The other holes will not work, your cyls well hit the boom. No matter what you do you can't lift the hole pile. I was told that along time ago and also was told when the bucket is full get out of there, time is money.

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #18  
That upper hole is likely for a self-leveling linkage... Possibly available in other markets (other countries). Some manufactures build one loader for numerous markets in such a way.

Also, once you check and verify proper pressure... If you need a stronger loader, buy a bigger tractor.

/ Loader Bucket Breakout Force #20  
First check the pressure, 10% is the golden rule, it will make a huge difference. seriously

I am not familiar with your loader, but can you swap end to end the factory cylinders? therefore the rating would be the same but the curl back would be the stronger circuit and the curl down would be the weaker, instead of the way it is now? you could test by switching the hoses at the quick connect but then the controls would be backwards. if you like it then switch the cylinders around. dont leave the controls backwards, that could be dangerous to other drivers.

Just a thought.
MrC.