Power Beyond Port Identification

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #1  

gamecox86

Tractor
Branson 4520R
Hey guys, got my Wicked Grapple in and just got my WR Long 3rd Function Remote.

Now I am trying to identify my power beyond port. I have a Branson 4520R with a backhoe and BL25R FEL. I took a few pics of the loader valve. valve 1.jpgvalve 2.jpgView attachment 536804

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #2  
Does a hose go from the loader valve back to the vicinity of the 3-point lift? If so, that's your prime candidate.

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #3  
The hose that has the 90* fitting going into the valve. It has 160613-1700 on the label. That should be the power beyond hose.

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #4  
The Branson shop manual says the power beyond port is marked 'C' on the valve body, and it looks like it's the one that Brian identified. There's also a tank line that goes back to the transmission under the seat. On my 3725 the dealer added 3rd SCV has two lines that run from the loader valve area to the remote valve. One connects to the loader valve where the power beyond 'C' port is and the other connects to the hose that used to connect to the C port. Saves the hassle of running a line back to the 3pt or factory SCVs.

Note that the loader valve doesn't put any flow out the PB port when the loader is being operated- it all goes out the tank line. You won't be able to move the loader and open/close the grapple at the same time. You can test this by raising the 3pt while operating the loader.

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #5  
The Branson shop manual says the power beyond port is marked 'C' on the valve body, and it looks like it's the one that Brian identified. There's also a tank line that goes back to the transmission under the seat. On my 3725 the dealer added 3rd SCV has two lines that run from the loader valve area to the remote valve. One connects to the loader valve where the power beyond 'C' port is and the other connects to the hose that used to connect to the C port. Saves the hassle of running a line back to the 3pt or factory SCVs.

Note that the loader valve doesn't put any flow out the PB port when the loader is being operated- it all goes out the tank line. You won't be able to move the loader and open/close the grapple at the same time. You can test this by raising the 3pt while operating the loader.

If you feather the loader valve, you should get some flow to the 3rd function. But as people find out, not so easy to actually get 3 functions to work all at the same time. But then I still wonder why you would even want to as far as grapple work. :confused2:

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #6  
It seems like it should work that way but when I tested by moving the loader while raising the 3pt, the 3pt stopped in all situations. It could be that I didn't feather the loader lightly enough.

I wasn't able to decide between 3rd function and diverter so I just ran lines from the third SCV remote as a temporary measure. So far I've not greatly missed the ability to open/close the grapple while moving the bucket. Maybe if I was on the clock and needed to work faster I might. I've also not needed to feather the grapple lids- close till they stop moving is fine. I still can't decide!

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #7  
It seems like it should work that way but when I tested by moving the loader while raising the 3pt, the 3pt stopped in all situations. It could be that I didn't feather the loader lightly enough.

I wasn't able to decide between 3rd function and diverter so I just ran lines from the third SCV remote as a temporary measure. So far I've not greatly missed the ability to open/close the grapple while moving the bucket. Maybe if I was on the clock and needed to work faster I might. I've also not needed to feather the grapple lids- close till they stop moving is fine. I still can't decide!

If the load on the 3pt was more than the loader, than yes the 3pt would not move. Just another thing to consider when we have the open center systems that most of us have. And yes the valve would most likely need to be feathered very lightly. ;)

/ Power Beyond Port Identification
Thanks guys! This gives me something to look at this weekend! I may have more questions!

If that hose that is currently in my power beyond port is not long enough to reach to my 3rd function remote valve, it it acceptable to put a quick disconnect fitting to attach it to the short hose that came with my kit? Or should I run a whole new hose?

/ Power Beyond Port Identification
Thanks everyone! Got it all hooked up and working this weekend. Works like a charm and y'all's help identifying the port is very much appreciated.

/ Power Beyond Port Identification #10  
Thanks everyone! Got it all hooked up and working this weekend. Works like a charm and y'all's help identifying the port is very much appreciated.

So how did you end up hooking it up? Has it been working to your expectations?